Rs 70,000 a month
Full Job Description
Hiring Academics & Career Counselling for Eden College
Time Fraction: Full Time (7:30 am to 4:30 pm)
Eden College Location: Clifton Block 9, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Provides outreach to enhance student development, improve the quality of the learning environment, and counsel students to meet academic and career goals. Coordinates programs for students with unique goals and needs.
- Pay attention to cultural or societal differences in dealing with the students
- Regularly conduct group and individual counselling sessions to assist student’s academic advice and for reiteration of university goals.
- Assess students’ attributes and help them realize their strengths
- Evaluate the progress of students and reinforce the sense of accomplishment
- Assist school administrators and educators with planning and carrying out college related programs and events
- Analyze student performance in the classroom to provide guidance and identify potential problems
- Learn students’ career objectives and other details so as to better serve them
- Help students develop academic plans in accordance with their skills, talents and strengths
- Communicate with teachers, parents and administrators on an ongoing basis about behavioral and academic problems
- Discussing career and educational goals with students.
- Aiding in the course selection process to ensure progress towards student goals.
- Displaying an interest in student development.
- Identifying student strengths and weaknesses.
- Connecting students with resources, such as counsellors or tutors.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of college policies.
- Maintaining updated reports on student counselling discussions of ERP.
- Prepare and present reviews on progress.
- Provide career counseling and career development sessions for students.
- Reviewing students’ personal and educational undertakings and how the manifestation of these might inform their prospective career related choices.
- Proposing career-related options that are congruent with substantiated insights.
- Informing students about potential shortcomings in their skill sets and devising strategies to remedy these.
- Guiding students about the process of compiling and restructuring their resumes.
- Pinpointing and informing students of potentially helpful career-related opportunities.
- Advise students about what courses and educational programs they need for particular careers
- Counsel students who are considering a career change specifically from O to A Level and post AS Examination.
- Evaluate students’ educational backgrounds in order to help them determine what they need to do next to achieve their goals
- Help students select the right universities or programs for their needs
- Help students locate sources of financial support to pay for universities and other training programs
- Teach job-search skills such as interviewing, resume writing, and networking and help students practice them
- Use achievement tests and aptitude tests to help students get a better idea of what they’re good at.
- Develop career services programs that will help student in exploring and planning career options.
- Work with students on their needs for career development.
- Conduct career awareness events and university fairs for students.
- Maintain a database of student academic records.
- Conduct universities open house sessions on campus.
- Arrange student visits to universities.
- Conduct personal statement workshops.
- Write counsellor recommendations.
- Assist on teacher recommendation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Rs70,000.00 per month