Job title: Assistant Corporate Governance Manager
Company: Al Tayer Group
Job description: Job Purpose
To support the Head – Risk in developing, monitoring and embedding the Corporate Governance function of Al Tayer Group (ATG) by ensuring that the management are in alignment with the Group’s interests and requirements; assist in the development and implementation of an authority matrix, and develop corporate governance practices in line with ATG‘s requirement.
Education/Certification and Continued Education
- Professional degree in Business Administration (i.e. MBA, CIA, CA, CPA).
Years of Experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the corporate governance function, with previous proven experience in the design of a corporate governance framework and development of a delegation of authority matrix.
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid knowledge corporate governance practices.
- Should have good organizational and planning abilities including the ability to deal with/work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Should have excellent presentation skills.
- Should have strong influencing skills
- Proficiency in English
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Strategic Roles and Responsibilities
- Operating Model & Governance
- Change Management
- Corporate Governance Policies and Processes
- Implementation of Corporate Governance Model
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
Operating Model & Governance
- Act as the expert for the Group’s Corporate Governance operating model, providing support and challenge where appropriate.
- Provide inputs and implement policies, systems and procedures across assigned team within ATG so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled in alignment with the operating model.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to Corporate Governance in order to facilitate flow of information, alignment and build awareness.
- Support in developing the Corporate Governance Model based on leading practice and the needs of the Group‘s stakeholders ensuring that the proper controls are set in order for oversight/monitoring of activities that take into consideration risk, sustainability, economic/cost and employee well being.
- Assist in undertaking various change management initiatives that shall aid in effective implementation and roll out of the various corporate governance related projects.
Corporate Governance Policies and Processes
- Support in developing and maintaining the Corporate Governance Manual for the Group/ select Business Unit
Location: Al Garhoud, Dubai
Job date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:40:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!