Job title: Business Development Manager – Europe (London UK)
Company: Black & Veatch
Job description: At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life’s critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help you give us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id : 98045
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : No
Why Black and Veatch
At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will have the opportunity to be accountable for the success of business development and sales efforts within the European region for business. The BDM will report to the Sales Director for Europe and will work in a matrix organization that aligns the goals of Business Lines and Regional Profit/Loss centers. The BDM will be focused on a select number of targets and potentially strategic clients.
Located in London as a flex (Hybrid) position.
BV’s Energy & Process business is driven to meet clients’ rapidly changing infrastructure needs in generation, storage, transmission, and distribution of safe, reliable electric power. Our business continues to invest in renewable energy to power the future and support BV’s vision of more sustainable solutions. By joining our business, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of helping our clients with the most innovative energy solutions.
- Develops winning strategies and participates in the preparation of proposals for prospective new business
- Actively becomes engaged and provides sales leadership in closing new business opportunities
- Implements strategies that enable the Region to obtain needed new business
- Develops and coordinates appropriate relationship with clients in accordance with an account management program
- Monitors, develops, and pursues new business opportunities in the region
- Manages business development budgets and business development events in the region
- Coordinates with other business units in the pursuit of business for the benefit of the entire company
- Conducts all dealings with clients, external and internal, with professionalism, integrity and high ethical standards
- Provides prospect reporting, forecasts, client feedback and other information necessary to support business unit and company business planning
- Actively uses Black and Veatch Client Relationship Management Database (Salesforce)
- Develops proactive client account plans and winning opportunity strategies as appropriate
- Acts as principal client activist for assigned clients and represents the voice of the client within internal Black and Veatch meetings
- Implements appropriate Black and Veatch screening for new business opportunities
- No direct reports
Acts in capacity of a “lead person.” Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
- Previous Sales/Business Development/ Client Account Management related to the following industries: Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Transmission/Distribution, Heavy Industrial or other energy-related market segments
- Prior Experience in Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) Sales processes
- Knowledge and overall understanding of Energy/Power industry; knowledge of industry business drivers and motivators
- Strong sales traits, including tenacity, competitiveness, persuasiveness and overall people skills
- Highly task oriented to focus on winning new business and achieving sales targets
- Team player: Exhibits high ethical standards in business and in work; maintains a reputation of integrity among clients
- Understanding of financial metrics including Profit Gross Margin, Revenue, Overhead Costs, Profit and Loss, and Project Financials
- Excellent communications/human relations skills (written, verbal, client service); ability to maintain key relationships
- Ability to think quickly and anticipate questions when interfacing with clients
- Strong selling abilities/ negotiating and persuasive skills
- Ability to interface with diverse personalities
- Strategic thinking
- Forecasting ability
- Strong leadership skills
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related degree (technical degree preferred)
- 10+ years experience in direct selling, marketing, or proposal management
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Domestic Travel
- Normal office environment and environments associated with extensive travel demands
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Job date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:30:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!