Job title: Business Development Manager (EV)
Company: British Engineering Services
Job description: The BES Group are the leading end to end solution provider in the Testing, Inspection, Certification and Compliance sector. Our team of experts cover an extensive range of engineering services.
We’ve gone from strength to strength over recent years, welcoming the very best risk management businesses to our Group. As a result, we’ve grown both our team of experts and our suite of solutions in line with our customer’s needs. We’re private equity backed, which means we have the flexibility and support to move quickly and grow faster than any other company in our industry. We’re innovative and forward thinking and have the awards to prove it, but most of all we’re focused on helping make sure our customers leave nothing to chance.
Due to continued business growth, we are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our growing Electrical Sales Team, driving and growing sales by identifying, evaluating and winning new Accounts within the EV Industry.
As one of the leading Electric vehicle charge point installer and infrastructure providers with installation teams working across the whole of the UK we have big plans, and our Sales team play a key part as our thriving business grows.
To be considered for this role you will ideally live in the West Lothian area of Scotland, our office is in Livingston and you will be required to travel as and when the business needs.
What will I be doing?
Typically the job will involve developing and managing sales pipelines and managing performance against sales targets. You will spend the majority of your time growing long term profitable business by monitoring and researching the market in order to identify, qualify and recommend potential new Accounts that fit with our business strategy and goals. You will coordinate the involvement of sales, marketing, pricing, operations and service delivery and use your relationship management and strong communication skills to meet and exceed targets, all the while delivering a brilliant (some might say refreshing) customer experience.
- Lead and/or contribute to the winning of new Accounts; including making presentations, engaging in negotiations, ensuring follow-up and production of necessary documentation
- Visit customer sites to present our services and survey their current requirements.
- Manage the process of setting up new Accounts including ensuring the creation of accurate records and required documentation, informing all relevant parties of agreed terms of business and service standards
- Manage the overall sales pipeline to ensure the Electrical Sales Team achieves its annual sales targets
- Contribute to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts.
- Support and advise Account Managers with the identification, prioritisation and realisation of new business opportunities with existing Accounts, including involvement in proposition development and negotiating terms of business
- Contribute to the development and implementation of marketing strategies and initiatives designed to raise awareness and generate leads and new business opportunities
- Actively coach, develop and support Account Managers and less experienced colleagues to ensure delivery of the required standards of excellence in sales performance
- Comply with the required standards of sales excellence and best practice, operating effectiveness and efficiency, in line with all legal and regulatory requirements.
What makes The BES Group a great place to work?
Our people and our customers come before everything else and that will never change. Knowing we always do the best job we can with absolutely no compromise means everything to us.
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
- Salary from £28,000 (dependent on experience)
- Discretionary annual company bonus (sales and performance based) and yearly salary review
- £5000 car cash allowance
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing training
- Flexible working approach, the role will involve travel to customer sites over 3-4 days per week
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + an extra day off for your birthday!
- Shiny new Surface Pro
- Access to lots of discounts and benefits via our company benefits portal including; retail, fitness, holiday and cinema discounts
- The support of a superb employee assistance programme
- Up to 10% pension
What experience do I need?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. You will be a dynamic salesperson who thrives in a target driven environment, with a strong drive to succeed. You will enjoy travelling to meet a variety of customers to generate new business wins and optimise the opportunities available to grow your portfolio. You may have a proven track record in B2B Sales now looking for your next role within business development, or you may be an experienced Business Development or Sales Executive with technical knowledge of our related sectors, ready to take the next step up.
You will be skilled in sales and negotiation, along with having the right attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do.
- Offer experience in B2B sales
- Knowledge of the Electrical or Electrical Vehicle marketplace would also be advantageous
- Possess highly effective sales, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate experience in the management of bids, tenders, contract negotiations and opportunity pipelines
- Excel in relationship building, influencing and negotiating, owing to your strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be highly methodical, having the ability to multi-task and prioritise while paying close attention to meeting targets
- Be a role model for less experienced colleagues, offering support and sharing your expertise
- Naturally, you will have excellent attention to detail as you will be working with detailed proposals and CRM systems (experience using MS Dynamics would also be an advantage)
- Do what you say you will do; Talk to anyone in our team from engineers to our back office team and we’re always open and honest
- Be reliable; There’s something about being dependable that we all think matters
To apply for this role, simply click “Apply”. We ask for some basic contact information and a CV or your LinkedIn profile, it’s that easy! Please keep in mind, successful candidates will be required to complete the relevant background checks as part of the recruitment process.
We want to inspire everyone to see how important safety is and we expect the same from our people. And if you’re on the same page as us about that and you’ve got the right skills, experience and attitude, you’ll fit right in. Simple. We’re all about diversity and inclusion and that means we want our people to be themselves. We’re delighted to be an equal opportunities employer and that will never change!
BES Group, Your Trusted Advisor.
Sales & Account Management
Salary from £28,000 plus £5k car allowance, up to 10% pension and much more!
Number of Positions:
Expected salary: £28000 per year
Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Job date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 00:42:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!