Job title: Consulting Technical Director
Job description: As a recognized authority and leading contributor within their practice, this senior-level consulting position provides consistent high quality and innovative solution leadership to a project team. Leads the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to deliver functional and technical solutions on non-routine and very complex aspects of applications and technology installations. Provides direction and mentoring to project teams, and effectively influences customer leadership on key decisions. Supports the business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain expertise. Resolves complex customer issues by recommending and implementing solutions. Demonstrates expertise in multiple business processes across two or more product families or ability to architect and design technology solutions encompassing multiple products and make decisions based on impact across the stack.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position including 4 years of consulting experience. Prior team leadership or management experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle Energy and Water shapes and delivers world-class utilities solutions for our clients. Working within a large consulting organization and with partners, you will be a recognized authority and leading contributor.
You will have significant experience of Oracle Utilities billing and metering applications (CC&B, C2M, Customer Cloud Service, MDM) and a proven track record in defining functional and technical solutions. You will lead solution delivery on projects and support sales by combining industry leading practices, product knowledge and business experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Resolve complex customer issues by advising direction and recommending solutions
- Lead the analysis, design and implementation of solutions for utility clients
- Define detailed solution architectures for utility solutions
- Provide solution oversight on active engagements
- Collaborate with Oracle partner system integrators to deliver client solutions
- Demonstrate expertise in multiple business processes across two or more product families or ability to architect and design technology solutions encompassing multiple products and make decisions based on impact across the stack
- Provide technical leadership for project teams of 5-20 resource
- Mentor and develop industry experience, application skills and consulting expertise across the consulting team
- Interview & onboard new staff, along with providing continual feedback and formal performance appraisals for team members
Business Development & Practice Build
- Support consulting sales team (thought leadership, RFP responses, project estimation and oral presentations)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / Industry and technical experience
- 10+ years experience in utilities industry (electricity, gas, water)
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Extensive experience with Oracle CC&B, C2M, Customer Cloud Service, MDM
- Experience of leading and coaching teams of 10+ resources
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience of multiple end-to-end projects as a functional / technical manager
- Full life cycle experience delivering COTS – as an individual contributor and preferably with project management or team lead experience
- Business development (RFP responses, strategy/scoping/estimating/planning, oral presentations)
- Project management experience (including certification)
Job date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 01:05:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!