Job title: Content Writer, proficient in English and Arabic
Company: APCO Worldwide
Job description: Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
As a writer you will have a comprehensive knowledge of corporate and media-related communications, as well as digital and social media communications opportunities. You will act as a final quality control check for all communication materials including – but not limited to – press releases, media invites, opinion editorials, speeches, talking points and digital copy before they are disseminated to the media and/or published on client channels.
Joining us at the start of a major project, the writer will be a responsive, responsible and authoritative self-starter who can write original, compelling content across all platforms and, vitally, contribute across the project management team with coherent strategic inputs.
- Assist various client teams in writing news releases, media invites, Q&As, speeches, features, bios and other communication material such as corporate/business presentations in PPT or other such software
- Review, edit and rewrite all written material (to include traditional, digital, and social media content) as required by team members
- Ability to understand the requirements of various teams and convey the client’s key messages adequately and appropriately through effective use of language
- Support teams by providing error-free media-worthy material
- Consult and guide client-handling teams on matters related to media requests
- Interact with team members and support them in building accurate communication measures
- Efficiently manage deadline-oriented workflow of releases, invites and requests from various team members on a daily basis
- Contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques or ideas at brainstorming sessions
- Support the project manager in ensuring that resources are in place to cover delivery of all written deliverables
- Ideally, a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in English, Literature/Journalism/Communications
- 5-6 years’ of experience in communications, public relations or journalism, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a member of a corporate communications team preferred but not required
- Excellent grammar, editing, writing and re-writing skills;
- A wordsmith who can provide error-free editorial content that is media-ready
- Ability to recognize the key messages of clients and offer effective ways to convey them to the relevant target audience
- Capable of rapidly handling industry-specific research to add value to the editorial content and other communication materials for the teams
- Completely thorough with local, regional and global current-affairs
- Quick with computers especially skilled in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficiency in English and Arabic
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.
Job date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:41:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!