Job title: Director- Traditional Trade – UAE
Company: First Abu Dhabi Bank
Job description: Company Description
First Abu Dhabi Bank is an inclusive environment where each person values the experiences, perspectives, ideas and beliefs of others. We’re in a unique position to learn from all our colleagues, combining international experience with deep cultural knowledge and local
expertise. At FAB, you’ll have the support of your team and a strong relationship with your line manager, who will trust you with responsibility and recognize your good performance. As we embrace different ways of seeing the world, listening to each other and respecting different viewpoints, we grow stronger together.
The purpose of the job is to evolve, commercialize and manage Traditional Trade products and solutions i.e LCs, LGs, Collections, TRs etc., offering to CCIB and IB clients especially in UAE their suppliers in order to contribute to the GTB revenue growth and to meet clients’ needs. The role is to develop the assigned trade products and solutions organically by leverage strong client base of FAB. The role will be responsible for managing existing products in traditional trade space (including the development of product policies and papers), developing new product solutions, customizing product solutions to meet client needs and ensuring the solutions can be delivered for the client within existing FAB infrastructure capabilities. The role will also involve working closely with the GTB Channels team in developing and rolling out of new technological solutions which will lead to improvement in our delivery of trade products especially in UAE.
- Product Development and Management
- Stakeholders (Internal & External) Management
- Participation/ Representation in industry events (e.g., GTR)
- Develop and execute GTB strategy for traditional Trade products across corporate clients by introducing new products and enhance existing product suites.
- Drive commercialization and launch of new products and solutions under traditional Trade by providing tools (pitch book and brochures) and training the Advisory/ Relationship teams to build awareness of product lines.
- Create and industrialize linkages with other Trade products by evaluating cross-sell opportunities, in line with client needs.
- Strategize new initiatives that will support in increasing market share / volumes capture / revenues across client segments.
- Build Product Programs, Policies and Guidelines by ensuring alignment with Group Policy across Compliance, Risk, Legal and Regulatory aspects.
- Implement End to End LC Initiative across branches.
- Implement/enhance product delivery of traditional trade products (e.g. document pre-check, deputation of document examiners at client offices, direct collections etc.).
- Ensure high percentage of transactions are processed same day by minimizing exceptions (internal as well as external) by working closely with stakeholders.
- Monitor key industry trends and opportunities as well as identify gaps in current products through constant benchmarking with best practices and feedback from Advisory, Relationship and Clients
- Collaborate with the channels team in order to develop innovative and efficient electronic delivery solutions.
- Drive implementation of established Global standards among branches in alignment with Group policies and local regulations.
- Drive GTB level strategic projects (e.g., Doc Prep, Digitization etc.) from time to time effectively.
- Continue to develop product offering and its delivery using state of the art and emerging technologies like Blockchain, Robotics, AI etc.
- Maintain close control of RWAs especially for the traditional product portfolio and ensure its right treatment by working closely with stakeholders (Finance, Credit Risk, TF Operations etc.).
- Develop robust MIS of volumes, assets, revenues globally.
Frameworks, Boundaries & Decision-Making Authority:
- Proven contribution at strategic level and management of senior stakeholders
- Strong technical knowledge of Traditional Trade products and solutions including market practice adopted globally (in select key geographies where FAB has a presence)
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a team player with strong influential skill that can motivate other team members to achieve the business objective. Ability to work in matrix environment
- Self-confident and performance driven. Ability to work under pressure and with a strong delivery focus
- Ability to articulate, formulate and deliver high quality business & client strategy
- Ability to make decisions, influence other and work in co-operative manner and find resolution to client needs
- Strong appreciation of operations processes and procedures, and understanding of trade related risks
Minimum Qualification – Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Commerce or equivalent discipline
Minimum Experience – 7+ years Transaction Banking experience. Candidate should have an experience of Origination, Developing Client Relationship and Team Management
Job date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 23:26:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!