Job title: Finance Support / Assistant
Job description: DANAHER
A ~$20 billion company that designs, manufactures, and markets products and services with strong brand names, proprietary technologies, and major market positions. Driven by strong core values and a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher’s associates are pursuing a focused strategy aimed at creating a Premier Global Enterprise.
Danaher operates globally with about 50% of its revenues derived from outside the United States. The Company has significant operating businesses headquartered in Europe and has greatly expanded its operating presence in Asia over the past several years. Danaher is a well-capitalized business, which has historically used available cash flow to fund acquisition activity. Our consistent success is the direct result of our people and the Danaher Business System (DBS). DBS has evolved from a collection of manufacturing improvement tools into a philosophy, set of values and series of management processes that collectively define who we are and how we do what we do. Today, our DBS tools are designed to help us excel in areas of GROWTH, LEADERSHIP and LEAN.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Was founded in 1947 and had early success with a titration method for measuring drinking water hardness. The company joined the Danaher portfolio in 1999 and has continued to innovate water and liquid testing kits and systems. During the 2016 Olympic Games, Hach Brazil played a critical role monitoring water quality and safety in the Olympic complex. Recent innovations include remote diagnostics and a Portable Parallel Analyzer to simplify field measurements.
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
The Finance Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative as well as financial support to ensure efficient operation of the WQ Finance department. Supports the Finance Manager through variety of tasks related to regional finance requirements. Responsible for confidential sensitive materials and data ensuring smooth processes flow while adhering with all the company practices and procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals as expected.
- Support Finance Manager on financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Gathering data and information about whatever needs to be reported or analysed
- Analyse historical data for trends and benchmarks to support decision making
- Report on financial performance by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Work closely with the local accounting team(s) to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Generate internal reports and dashboards
- Review and reconcile expense reports
- Control and monitor invoices
- Carry out some administrative duties such as filing, typing, … etc.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Reports to WQ MEA Finance Manager
- Office Staff
- Other WQ Departments Managers
- Regional & Global Team Members
- Other OpCos Finance Teams (as needed)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Finance / Accounting Diploma or equivalent background. University Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years proven finance experience
- Knowledge of accounting systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to details, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Multitasking and team player
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point are must)
- Languages: Fluent English
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Job date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 01:24:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!