Job title: General Manager UPVC
Job description: DEPARTMENT: GENERAL MANAGEMENT (LOCATION: UAE)
Responsible for the development and achievement of strategic objectives and performance targets agreed by the Shareholders. The role will have both internal and external focus: internally, will focus on leading/providing strategic direction to the management team; externally, on the promotion of the company’s activities within the industry through greater visibility in the market. Strive to develop “Best in Class” for delivery and quality, creating a sustainable and profitable business for the Shareholders and management.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVES;
- Overall Profit and Loss responsibility for the business.
- Develop vision, mission, overall business strategy and goals and objectives of the company in conjunction with the Shareholders.
- Develop and implement a strategy to enable the company to grow and maintain margins during the next 2-3 challenging years which will undoubtedly be influenced by both local and international financial issues.
- Responsible for overall management and results of the organization, including Health, Safety, Environment and Security.
- Develop and implement organization structure and provide key resources for the Divisional /Departmental heads to achieve the company’s mission and objectives including succession planning for second tier management.
- Direct and approve business and operating plan of divisional / departmental heads.
- Develop and implement a regulatory framework in conjunction with external advisors.
- Establish an advisory board for steering and monitoring the strategic direction of the company.
- Develop and implement appropriate performance management framework for key executives including delegating appropriate authority to divisional / department heads.
- Direct the Marketing and Business Development Process by formulating strategic and operational targets and implement actions plans to achieve the required targets as defined in the company’s business strategy.
- Maintain, develop, improve customer/client relationships to ensure high level client/customer satisfaction.
- Direct the Tendering & Negotiating process by submitting tenders and bids and performing negotiations in order to acquire projects which fit within the set (commercial, technical and financial) targets.
- Ensure competitive pricing strategy for projects and resolution of key commercial and contractual matters.
- Ensure the quality of the work preparation process and monitor the support given to Project Managers with the preparation of the project plan, the preparation of method statements, the selection of key project staff, the identification of project goals and the sourcing of the required resources. Establish and monitor performance indicators to ensure successful project results.
- Direct an effective Execution of Projects by ensuring a continual improvement of project results including safety, quality, ICT and knowledge management in order to achieve the project targets and to improve capabilities of the organization.
- Direct the Liability and after Sales phase of projects till the end of the liability periods.
- Plan and advise on procurement of key fixed assets as discussed & agreed with the Shareholders.
- Ensure implementation of appropriate risk and quality control procedures.
- Develop and manage Joint Venture relationships.
- Appraise the Shareholders on a regular basis on the performance of the company including financial issues.
- Degree in Civil / Mechanical Engineering level engineering preferably with a formal qualification in Business Management.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in a senior position managing hihigh-value projects in the industry (UPVC Factory) of which at least 5 years must have been in strategically leading and managing a company representing both generalist and managerial skills.
- Is responsible for operational or conceptual performance and supervision of activities that are related to each other with a clear emphasis on the integration of various operational processes with the ability to design the content and planning of the operations.
- Must have highly developed skills in persuading, inspiring, developing and motivating in order to interact with other people. The ability to set and create the right (working) climate is of critical importance as the major accountabilities are achieved through others.
- Requires proficiency in a specialized technical field, with specific experience relating to marine construction related activities and with a broad understanding of relationships between different disciplines gained through deep and broad experience built on concepts and principles.
- Must have the ability to select, develop and assess the suitability of techniques, not just the application of those techniques.
- In depth knowledge of the local and regional construction environment.
- Conversant with Project Management and relevant Engineering software
Job date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 22:55:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!