Job title: Homebased Business Development Manager – Central Government
Company: NEC Software Solutions
Job description: Company Description
Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of newborn babies.
Working with us, you’ll be helping our 3,000+ employees push the boundaries of what’s possible and support amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at
Are you a Senior Sales or Business Development professional with experience in Central Government looking for your next big challenge? Well, here it is.
NEC Software Solutions and Snook have joined forces to create a team – NEC Digital. This will allow us to supply a new offering to the public sector, allowing for us to provide full managed services that are not only designed and built with the user in mind every step of the way – but also focussed on Positive Social Impact, Inclusive Design, and Accessibility.
Join our team as a Business Development Manager and play a pivotal role in driving our NEC Digital’s growth and impact in the public sector. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the way Central Government services are designed, built, and delivered, with a strong focus on positive social impact, inclusive design, and accessibility. As a key member of our team, you’ll be responsible for winning and maintaining clients within Central Government and adjacent departments, ensuring our products and offerings make a meaningful difference in local and national communities.
- Strategically engage with Central Government departments such as BEIS, DLUHC, Home Office, DFE, DfT, DEFRA, MoJ, and HMPSS, fostering strong relationships and showcasing the capabilities of NEC Digital.
- Identify key stakeholders and build political maps for each department, collaborating with the Senior Leadership Team to determine the most effective communication strategies.
- Create trusted partnerships within the departments, promoting our design and build offerings that drive positive social impact.
- Understand the business challenges faced by government organizations and propose solutions that leverage our capabilities.
- Analyze opportunities within DOS (Digital Outcomes and Specialists) and Frameworks, and develop comprehensive business plans for new capabilities.
- Collaborate with our skilled disciplines to develop innovative pitching strategies and deliver compelling presentations that demonstrate our expertise and value proposition.
- Knowledge of Central Government structures and ideally established contacts within these departments.
- Experience working with Justice Organizations within Central and/or Local Government, as well as the third sector.
- Solid understanding of DOS and Frameworks used by Central Government, with the ability to leverage this knowledge strategically.
- Previous experience shaping and solving problems using design, research, and development methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders across internal and external organizations.
We pride ourselves in offering an excellent benefits package, including an above average pension scheme. When you join the team at NEC Software Solutions, you are provided with the following:
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Job date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 22:38:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!