Job title: Manager – External Audit (Financial Services)
Company: Grant Thornton
Job description: Here. You can widen your opportunities.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
At Grant Thornton we’re driven by a purpose of shaping the world that we live in, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We’ve created our own unique culture – one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment.
We’re looking for a specialist Financial Services Audit Manager to join one of our Banking External Audit teams, managing a large portfolio of risky clients, as well as a team of auditors, based in Dubai.
Our Financial Services specialist audit teams are growing quickly and as we expand we are looking for driven, ambitious and dynamic individuals to join our FS practice. We partner with firms across the banking, insurance, capital markets and investment management sectors to help achieve strategic goals, meet regulatory demands, and ensure that people and customers reach their potential.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be leading on audit reviews, agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists) and monitoring budgets
- You’ll lead an exciting portfolio of diverse clients, and provide them with an exceptional level of clarity and insight on complicated issues
- You’ll build and maintain strong client relationships, recognising the value of exceptional client service and ensuring you understand and manage the client’s expectations effectively at all times
- You’ll assist your senior colleagues when generating new business, from target stage to proposal and beyond
- You’ll be keen to get involved in wider BD activity and build the brand across the region
- You’ll be responsible for managing, motivating and coaching team members, providing regular feedback and supporting their development
- Tax Delivery
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You’ll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You’ll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You’ll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- You’ll be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- You’ll be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You’ll be professionally qualified (ACA, CA, ACCA), or equivalent
- You’ll have extensive post-qualification experience in audit
- Proven, strong experience auditing banks and other Financial institutions
- You’ll have a comprehensive understanding of key reporting standard
- You’ll have strong people management skills, enabling you to support, coach and mentor more-junior colleague
- You’ll have a proven track record of effectively leading client engagements
Job date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 22:15:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!