Job title: Operations Manager (Dubai, UAE)
Job description: Cofix is a lifestyle-focused coffee brand with a unique offering that is as bold as it is straightforward. We were founded in Israel with the mission to make every guest’s experience exemplary while offering high-quality coffee and food at fair prices. Since our inception, we’ve pioneered the fixed-price model, championing simplicity and value in every interaction.
Over the years, our footprint has grown significantly – now, we are proud to serve you from over 450 stores across six countries worldwide. Recognized by Forbes as one of the most profitable franchises and hailed as one of the fastest-growing brands in Europe by FoodService Magazine, we’ve proven that commitment to quality and value resonates globally.
But we are not just about growth – we are about excellence. With the honor of being a top 20 coffee brand in Europe and consistently ranking in the top 10 in each of our operating markets, we’ve established ourselves as a beloved staple in the communities we serve. At Cofix, we are more than just a brand. We are a home away from home where quality, affordability, and experience meet. We welcome you to join us in this exciting journey as we continue to transform the coffee industry.
ABOUT COFIX UAE
At Cofix UAE, you have the incredible opportunity to join the founding team of our newest market as we set our sights on becoming one of the top chains in Dubai and beyond. This isn’t just a job, but a chance to propel a successful brand into a new era of exponential growth. With this growth comes endless opportunities for professional development and the chance to build your career alongside the success of our expanding business.
We are not your typical company. We’re known for our open and experimental culture that thrives on innovation. At Cofix, every idea matters, and we’re always eager to experiment, learn, and grow. We offer you the unique opportunity to not just work for a company, but to help shape it. You’ll be building a new venture, backed by the strength of a proven model and a global support system.
The Operations Manager is responsible for Cofix UAE’s overall day-to-day operations of both company-owned and franchised stores. The incumbent will play a pivotal role in opening new stores, driving product mix strategy and operational processes, and building store-level teams. To effectively manage operations, the Operations Manager should possess sector-specific experience and knowledge and a deep understanding of the Cofix brand, business model, operational philosophy, and product/service offerings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the full-spectrum of operations for a rapidly-growing European coffee concept in the UAE market
- Build and develop an efficient and energetic store-level team
- Develop detailed strategic operations plans and ensure on-time project deliverables
- Establish comprehensive objectives for performance and growth
- Ensure effective action planning through root cause analysis, creation and execution of action plan, and scheduled follow-ups that drive accountability
- Participate in lease negotiations (as applicable) to ensure that Cofix achieves its strategic and operational objectives
- Coordinate all activities related to the opening of new corporate-owned stores
- Provide exemplary leadership and support to stores and franchisees within the operating region
- Lead, drive, and implement product mix strategy for Cofix UAE
- Continuously research the market to deeply understand the QSR industry and both prevailing and emerging consumer trends and preferences
- Analyze product profitability, selection, display, and assortment using industry best practices
- Monitor sales and margins of food and beverage category products to ensure adherence to local company objectives and global requirements
- Oversee competitive analysis, including auditing competitors to review product mix, displays, and pricing, via research and on-site visits
- Support new store openings and remodels as necessary
- Work closely with other departments to coordinate and support retail pricing and product promotions
- Communicate to stores and stakeholders regarding new products, seasonal offerings, display and/or assortment recommendations, etc.
- Lead and explore new opportunities within the food and beverage category to drive momentum of category growth and achievement of business objectives
- Engage in comprehensive business analysis to provide clear recommendations and influence overall product strategy
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and Marketing teams to optimize processes and deliver cost-effective, high-demand products in our stores
- Manage multiple ongoing projects in an efficient and prioritized manner
- Conduct risk management assessments with respect to operations and projects and undertake appropriate mitigation or escalation, as needed
- Documents, obtains approval for, and tracks all changes in project or operational parameters. Provides detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicates project status to Country Manager, Head of Global Operations, Global CEO, and other stakeholders
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a business-related subject such as Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in the retail food industry
- 2+ years of experience at a retail coffee store or café in an operational capacity
- Proven experience in driving product mix strategy
- Strong knowledge of the food and beverage supply chain and the market conditions that influence it
- Knowledge of restaurant safety and sanitation standards
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Strong decision-making, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Proven quantitative analytical capability and project management skills
- Deep customer focus, high level of detail orientation, and strong ability to effectively prioritize and multitask
- Fluency in English is required; Russian is a plus.
Cofix was founded in Israel with the mission to make every guest’s experience exemplary while offering high-quality coffee and food at fair prices. Over the years, our footprint has grown significantly – now, we are proud to serve our guests from over 450 stores across six countries worldwide. Recognized by Forbes as one of the most profitable franchises and hailed as one of the fastest-growing brands in Europe by FoodService Magazine, we’ve proven that commitment to quality and value resonates globally.
But we are not just about growth – we are about excellence. With the honor of being a top 20 coffee brand in Europe and consistently ranking in the top 10 in each of our operating markets, we’ve established ourselves as a beloved staple in the communities we serve. At Cofix, we are more than just a brand. We are a home away from home where quality, affordability, and experience meet.
Job date: Wed, 24 May 2023 22:42:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!