Job title: Project Manager – Arabic Speaking
Job description: Job Description:
It is essential that the successful candidate will have proven experience in managing residential projects in the UAE, preferably in Dubai.
Provides direction and management for medium to big-sized projects and ensures on-schedule completion within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations. The Project Manager is responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. The project is a community development located in Dubai.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client, consultants, and contractors during the execution of the project.
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and secures additional work with client.
- Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- Participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria. Responsible for the development and distribution of a one to two-page description of the project to all members of the project team for reference.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project. Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths. Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates. Field responsibilities may include labor relations, local procurement and payroll operations, etc., if required.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers. Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes. Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical/business field
- 20+ years of related work experience is required.
- Arabic speaking is essential to this role.
- Previous project management experience on community development projects in Dubai is a must.
- Experience as PMC is a must.
- Residential / Buildings background is essential to this role.
Incumbent must have proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Arabic, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and Dubai regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Not Applicable/None
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Job date: Fri, 12 May 2023 22:11:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!