Job title: Purchasing Manager – Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Purchasing Manager Marriott
Posting Date Mar 04, 2022
Job Number 22033099
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah Dubai, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
*JW Marriott *is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment.
Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories.
Education and Experience
– 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Assures sanitation compliance.
- Assists Executive Chef in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
- Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
- Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
- Delegates and enforces first in/first out inventory rotation for all storeroom products.
- Maintains sanitation and safety standards as specified in the brand guidelines.
- Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
- Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
- Communicates with kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
- Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
- Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
- Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
- Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis (e.g., C-7s, menu costing, general office duties).
- Completes period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
- Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
- Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the F & B Director and Executive Chef.
- Ensures all LSOP’s are adhered to by all employees.
- Receives and inspects all deliveries.
- Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual
- Ensures accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Supporting Purchasing Operations
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Ensure disciplinary situations are addressed in timely fashion and with consistency.
- Ensures performance reviews are completed on a timely basis for supervisors and non-management employees.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately
- Achieves and exceeds goals i
You have applied correctly
A message has been sent to the employer, you are going to receive the reply soon. Good luck!
You have applied correctly
The request has been sent correctly. However, we have seen that your resume is incomplete. We highly recommend you to fill it to let the employer know you. These are the fields you have empty:
Location: Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
Job date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 08:36:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!