Job title: Sales Specialist – UAE & Africa
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Job description: Sales Specialist – UAE & Africa
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Job Family Definition:
Manages one or several larger accounts or acts as the account lead for a substantial part of a top account. Understands the customer’s IT and business objectives, priorities, requirements and challenges, and adds value by implementing HPE’s strategy. Drives business performance for all HPE BUs and manages the portfolio mix to optimize profitability of the account. Accountable for pipeline building; accountable for and supportive in deal closing and orchestrating the deal team. Builds and develops relevant customer relationship networks with key influencers and decision makers in IT and business. Develops and engages with the extended partner ecosystem to maximize HPE’s presence in the account. Constantly develops information technology industry knowledge to position HPE’s portfolio in the account. Orchestrates, engages, guides and provides feedback to the extended account team members. Acts as customer’s advocate inside HPE. Plans for accounts to deliver results through the financial year and beyond.
Management Level Definition:
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity
- Builds strong professional working relationships with the client, including key IT and business executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other company resources to strengthen company’s relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Researches and understands the client’s industry, and develops a core understanding of client business needs and challenges.
- Uses a consultative-selling approach to identify and advance opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning company capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in company conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow the company.
- presence and share in the account.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Nurtures and closes new solution opportunities that result in incremental orders, revenue, and margins to the company. Represents the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR).
- Protects company’s position and focuses on generating new business.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates and delivery of selected deals.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques.
- Participates in/drives Account Team Management.
- Orchestrates all company resources essential for executing the account business plan, including sponsors.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Effectively engages and leverages executive sponsors.
- Engages company sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage company’s portfolio and improve win rate of selective deals.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs and facilitate solution development.
- Drives the account internationally/Globally.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings in the Networking industry
- Previous experience of working with Aruba/Cisco networking solutions would be preferred
- Leverages existing relationships and builds new relationships with executives in the business and in IT.
- Negotiates at the business manager and IT executive level.
- Focuses on IT business challenges and some business unit challenges to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor to IT on both internal IT and issues outside of IT where IT impacts business processes.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Knowledge of basic financial- selling concepts in support of business cases for company solutions.
Account Team Leadership
- Resources and leads successful dedicated global virtual teams.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the business manager level.
- Moderate to high level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and be able to participate in client planning discussions involving IT decisions.
- Adheres to SBC and company’s code of ethics.
- Solid knowledge of the company’s breadth of solutions and engages appropriate specialist resources as needed.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/ solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
- Uses knowledge in specialty and consultative selling skills to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of technical specialty — from proposal to contract sign-off.
- Demonstrates high service knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing specialty product and service related information with account teams and customers.
- Competent in the sale of IT services and outsourcing.
Join us and make your mark!
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together
Job Level: Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Job date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 00:33:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!