Job title: Senior Commercial Manager | Real Estate
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 155669
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
To manage the contractual and commercial aspects and the management of a team of project specific commercial staff to provide commercial services to ensure delivery of projects from inception to completion on time and within budget, in accordance with group policies and processes.
What you will do
- Provide commercial advice to internal clients and development division to ensure in all respects that risk is minimized, best value is achieved and to maximize the return in investment on projects developed.
- Advise the project team on procurement of projects and consultancy services to meet time, quality and cost requirements of the development plan.
- Assist in the preparation of project development feasibility studies and presentations prepared by the project team.
- Prepare Requests for Proposal/Invitation to bid documents based on client needs, advise on selection of tenderers, prepare tender evaluation reports, lead and conduct the tender negotiation process up to and including preparing final recommendations for internal acceptance/endorsement
- Adapt standard form of contracts, in conjunction with Group legal, in production of consultant and contractor agreements, and agreements of purchase.
- Provide and manage pre and post contract Quantity Surveying Services including, without limitation, cost estimating, monthly accounts, review of cost and budget forecasts, quantum analysis of claims and variation submissions, and final account settlement.
- Monitor and ensuring project insurance policies are maintained in relation to construction works (Professional Indemnity, Contractors All Risk, Third Party, Other contract insurance requirements).
- To report on portfolio costs, budgets and risks on a monthly basis.
- Provide commercial advice to our internal clients and development division to ensure in all respects that risk is minimized, best value is achieved and to maximize the return in investment on projects developed.
- Manage claims and disputes using outsourced and internal resources dependent on complexity, size claim and resources available in compliance with contractual terms and timescales.
- Develop/update the internal cost database.
Required Skills to be successful
- 10-15 years significant experience in Infrastructure, Retail, Residential, High Rise, Hotel construction experience is essential.
- Must have knowledge of FIDIC and preparation of RFPs and contracts.
- Proven success in managing all commercial aspects for large scale projects from inception to handover.
- UAE experience is a must.
What equips you for the role
- Candidates will hold a degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience working on major projects preferably working on behalf of the client, contractor or a PQS.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
Job date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 06:49:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!