Job title: Senior Technical Engineer – IT
Job description: MAIN OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To design, develop, support, and deliver robust and cost-effective solutions aligned with flydubai corporate and IT strategies. This position is responsible for cost estimations, business case development and approval, solution design, configuration, and deployment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES * Translates business functional and non-functional requirements into technical specifications and works with solution architects to design robust and scalable solutions of high quality and conforming to IT standards
- Leads the technical design and build for complex solutions across teams, reviewing and approving technical designs to ensure that the right architecture patters are used by software engineering teams
- Uses expert knowledge of the technical stack and design principles for the components in the technology area to solve complex business issues and represents software engineering in cross business area initiatives.
- Champions automation and lean software development, conducting timely root cause analysis and incident ‘lessons learnt’ and helps define and refine the software and data engineering playbooks for use by relevant people in Technology.
- Leads discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design, partnering with cross-functional teams and drives proof-of-concepts and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Investigates, debugs, and fixes complex issues involving corner cases and rare conditions and drives built in quality in software engineering teams in collaboration with end-to-end quality assurance
- Mentors and develops software engineers on writing clean code and debug complex cases, teaches and helps developers test their code better and influence developers to write tests and review their work
- Develops accelerator framework and practices to improve quality of technology solutions and productivity of engineers, develops optimal technical design and high-quality code for technology products that passes the QA requirements and is production deployment ready.
- Carries out functional, non-functional and performance testing by using appropriate automation tools.
- Measures and monitors engineering metrics that enable agility, scalability, data quality and reliability of technology solutions across the enterprise
- Provides critical input into the technical debt remediation strategy and execution with support from environment management, service management, infrastructure management and cyber security.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
Minimum Education Level Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (or Equivalent)
- Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
Experience Specific Requirements
- Experience in the design and development of large scale and mission critical business applications
- Airline experience and working in multi culture environment is preferred
- Preferred No. of Years (with Relevant Degree) – 8
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing Others
- Decision Making
Reads and complies with the ISR policies of the Company and diligently reports any weakness or incidents to the respective Line Manager or the Information Security team. Completes all required ISR awareness sessions and follows associated guidelines in the day to day business operations.
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to.
flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details
in order to process documents. flydubai will also never refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai will only come from an email
address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with flydubai are advertised on
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are
expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.
Job date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 08:01:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!