About the role
As Transport Coordinator, you will be responsible for performing all functions that contribute to a well-organized day-to-day transportation operation by supporting QR internal and external customers.
- Provide internal and or external customer service, whether face-to-face, through e-mails, and or over the phone, at a level that either meets or exceeds expectations to support the customers.
- Provide immediate response to TMS alerts; for example, “Driver Panic” alert – collision. Complete all TMS data entry and/or reports that pertain to shift operations.
- Report all IVMS, ID Car reader, and or MDT failures in real-time to the Transport Support and Logistics Officer.
- Create system manual override ad hoc trips to update it on a case-by-case basis when required.
- React to total system failure by providing manual trip dispatching utilizing backed-up system files in order not to delay nor disrupt the service.
- Implement real-time solutions to resolve minor issues that may occur during a shift.
- Provide real-time status updates regarding vehicle fleet and driver performance as required by Line Manager or Dept. management.
- Extract vehicle historical details and generate various reports as per management or department requirements.
- Prepare invoice reconciliations sheets.
- Prepare trackers, logs, to record different department activities.
- Write and prepare communications to external customers.
You will possess:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English language
- Previous work experience including either Automated Fleet and or Transportation Management Systems
- Previous job roles combined with fleet/transportation automation performed as either Transportation Clerk/ Dispatcher, Bus Dispatcher, Transport Coordinator, Fleet Dispatcher, Logistics Dispatcher
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc…)
- Experience working with a leased fleet of vehicles.
- Very good time and task organization skills.
- Worked in a similar role, preferably in the airline industry.
- Previous work experience with passenger Transportation Support Services/Business.
- Previous experience working within the GCC.
- Previous experience working within the aviation industry.
- Have experience/understanding of Qatar Traffic Law/rules.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.