About the role
As Senior Sales Assistant, you will maximizes sales at every available opportunity while ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service. Ensures that the store is fully merchandised according to the Brand layout and Visual Merchandising standards to maximize the selling opportunity. Embraces and follows on a daily basis the Brand experience during all interactions. Handles high value merchandise and ensures all Security policies are followed as per high value stock handling process.
Key accountabilities include:
- Maximize sales in assigned Store at every possible opportunity while ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service.
- Ensure that the boutique is fully merchandised according to the Brand layout and visual merchandising standards to maximize the selling opportunity.
- Embrace and follow on a daily basis the Brand experience during all interactions.
- Handle merchandise and ensure all Security policies are followed as per high value stock handling process.
- Deliver a personalized and elevated experience with commercial success while representing the brand in an elegant and hospitable way. Deliver consistent level of customer service to always score higher marks on mystery shop results conducted by Brands and QDFC as a 5-star shopping destination.
- Adhere to Brand guidelines in terms f the selling ceremony to be at par with global standards set out as per the DNA of the Brand.
- Build long term relationship with customers to maximize return customers through consistent service excellence and provide exceptional after sales service as per luxury Brand guidelines.
- Acknowledge and approach customers, establish customer needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Introduce customers to other Brands or departments after serving their needs ensuring they leave the Boutique and Duty Free shop feeling that they have been treated in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain standards of the Brand by keeping the merchandise and surrounding area clean and tidy.
- Store the merchandise in a proper manner as to avoid breakage or damage.
- Ensure the merchandise is displayed to the highest Visual Merchandising (VM) standards as per the Brand guidelines to be attractive and pleasing to customers which aids in the selling process.
- Maintain the highest level of accuracy when checking and counting the high value items.
- Maintain the highest level of inventory control on a daily basis. Notify Brand Manager / QDF Security of any discrepancies immediately.
- Ensure highest level of precision during quarterly stock takes.
- Ensure the highest level of confidentiality with regards to all company documentation, information and statistics.
- Ensure that a high degree of security on stock and cash prevails at all times. Ensure that Supervisor/ Brand Manager/ QDF Security are immediately notified of any breach of security as per the Security SOP for Brands and Boutiques.
- Ensure awareness f the HOT SPOT of Theft- Prone Areas. When showing items, be prepared with display pads/ trays, cleaning cloth, pens, calculator and any other tools to avoid the need to step away. Pay attention to each customer and to each piece of item being shown.
- Ensure the float is correct and that all keyed information into the POS terminal is done so accurately.
- Process customer’s transactions efficiently and must present the receipts at all times to customers.
- Handle money/ Traveller’s Cheques/ Credit Cards and any other form of payment in a safe, secure and responsible manner
- Responsible for the cash variances at the end of the shift.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Previous Retail and Customer Service experience
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Previous Retail and Customer Service experience
Job Specific Skills:
- Demonstrate excellence in selling, styling and ward robing skills
- Demonstrate creativity in generating new business in the role
- Effective English communication- both written and spoken
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Brand specific Sales Training, Merchandising Training along with product knowledge training on an ongoing and continuous basis
- Proactive approach to selling
- Follow personal hygiene and grooming standards as set out by QDF and the Brand
- Behave in a polite and professional manner while on duty and show the highest regards for all our customers at all times
- Confident, integrity- oriented, pleasant and approachable
- Follow the Code of Ethics and Standard of Professional Conduct at all times
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.