The overall objective of the role of Healthcare / Pharmacy Sales Manager is to develop and implement the sales strategy (Activity Master grid, Trade Investment) per customer in alignment with Reckitt’s strategic objectives (Net Revenue, COP, Gross Margin, Working Capital), and to manage the customer and healthcare distributor relationship on an ongoing basis.
Scope of the role
Part of the Gulf sales structure the Healthcare sales Manager is responsible for the healthcare distributors across Gulf as well as pharmacy channel customers, with oversight on healthcare portfolio sales in MT & TT. The incumbent will oversee the distributor’s field sales team responsible for servicing these customers as well as the medical reps (dedicated & shared) in the country markets. The role has accountability for the full scope of Reckitt’s commercial interaction with the distributors customers, ranging from the development of sales strategy per customer, the management of promotional activities, in-store execution, demand planning, forecasting and managing primary shipments and stock levels at the healthcare distributors.
The role requires close cross functional interaction with trade marketing, planning, marketing, logistics, finance, and IS.
- Responsible for achieving objectives per customer – i.e. Net Revenue, COP, Gross Margin, Working Capital.
- Building a long term partnership with the distributors & customers.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting and stock management at the assigned distributors.
- Responsible for the promotional strategy per customer, and promotional execution (including trade investment budget management, range and placement optimization)
- Responsible for managing customer negotiations in relation to Reckitt commercial strategy and the customer trading terms.
- Implementation and ongoing management of the category strategy per customer
- Responsible for developing customer new product launch plans and ensuring successful implementation.
- Continuous improvement in the management of the account by identifying opportunities for efficiency and profitability and overall improvement in the management of categories.
- Coverage of HCPs (doctors and pharmacists) in line with HQ strategy.
- Driving the vision pharmacy program in line with the sales strategy.
- Growth of net revenue and management of gross margin by customer (managing customer P&Ls)
- Managing effective relationships with increasingly demanding retailers.
- Effectively managing and driving Reckitt’s presence and placement in highly competitive categories.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.