Job title: Assistant Manager – VAT
Company: Grant Thornton
Job description: Our VAT team helps clients manage their global indirect tax risks. We proactively assist clients to be compliant and VAT efficient and represent their interests to resolve complex or contentious matters. Our VAT team works closely with colleagues from other disciplines in order to provide a seamless offering to our diverse client base.
- you’ll be technically strong and be able to analyse and interpret data to provide intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues, with assistance from your seniors
- you’ll be a strong communicator, producing high-quality and professional tax reports which are accessible to the client
- you’ll build and maintain strong relationships with your clients, ensuring you understand and manage their expectations effectively at all times
- you’ll manage your own client portfolio, with exceptional client service being promoted at all times
- you’ll develop a strong understanding of the full range of the firm’s services in order to bring clarity and insight to the client, whilst being inquisitive, applying technical knowledge and cross-selling appropriately
- you’ll motivate and coach more junior members of staff, working effectively to review their performance and aid their professional development.
Who we’re looking for:
You’ll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You’ll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You’ll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You’ll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- you’ll be technically superb; and you may already have, or be studying for, the Chartered Tax Advisor qualification, or have relevant experience.
- you’ll have a solid foundation of some years of practical experience in consulting clients on complex VAT issues
- you’ll be a sound deliverer of outstanding project work to time and to budget
- you’ll have a demonstrable track record of effective team working
- you’ll have begun to generate your own project work with clients
- you’ll be adept at sharing knowledge and assisting the development of new recruits
- you’ll have experience with innovative industries in sectors, such as biotechnology and life sciences
- you’ll be able to service a variable client portfolio ranging from international businesses to not-for-profit organisations
- you’ll be willing to travel and collaborate with the wider regional tax team
Job date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 22:47:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!