Job title: Associate Director – Mortgages
Company: Standard Chartered
Job description: RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet the business objectives of country CPBB.
- Customer focused need-based selling of banking products.
- Deepen customer relationship and maximize penetration.
- Achieve sales and non-sales targets.
- Meet new customers in the market and convince them for Asset, Liability & Wealth Products based on their financial needs.
- Assist in implementing promotions and below-the-line activities, in conjunction with the business plan, for acquiring new customers across the Personal Segment.
- Derive insights from competitor sales activities and effectively counter the efforts.
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations.
- Embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance.
People & Talent
- Build a transparent and collaborative culture in which manage quality of applications by coordinating between frontline and back office
- Conduct CDD, MLP & TCF diligently.
- Zero tolerance on fraud and mis-selling.
- Provide assistance during reviews, e.g. Group Internal Audit, Shariah Reviews, Regulatory reviews, etc.
- Attend assigned training programs to acquire knowledge and apply it to the job function accordingly. Also acquire requisite Banking.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, guidelines and procedures. Comply with local regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the
. * Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business Support functions
- Business management
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales.
- Preference to do Banking and Finance.
- Proven track record in delivering sales targets.
- Ability to work in and co-ordinate efforts across functions and multiple products.
- Influencing and persuasion skills.
- Strong presentation and networking skills.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Asset and Liability Management (ALM)
- Client Relationship Management
- Digital Transformation
- Financial Risk Management
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Risk Management
- Regulatory Environment – Financial Services
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website
Location: Dubai – Africa
Job date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 07:20:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!