Job title: Audit & Assurance | External Audit l Manager
Job description: Location
Audit & Assurance | Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Audit at Deloitte & Touche Middle East is a key link in the financial reporting chain, putting you in the position of trusted advisor to businesses across the region. Your people skills will be required for the latter, while your analytical mind will be another integral requirement for success. You will need the flexibility to implement our international audit approach while bringing to the fore your understanding of the complexities and unique circumstances of our clients and the business landscape across our diverse region. All this while adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Manager in Audit & Assurance, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Builds trust and credibility by focusing on how to meet multiple stakeholder needs whilst providing constructive challenge on engagement issues
- Reviews documentation of flows of transactions and tests of relevant controls early in the audit cycle to allow for timely assessment of the planned audit approach and the entity’s control environment
- Suggests mitigating testing when controls are found to be ineffective, without always having to consult with the senior manager or partner. Applies professional scepticism to consider the broader impact (e.g. fraud risks, communication with those charged with governance) on our audit when significant controls are found to be ineffective or other conditions may indicate possible misstatements
- Recognizes opportunities to add value, extend knowledge, increase impact and to provide exceptional stakeholder value through drawing expertise from across the firm and integrating specialists where appropriate as part of the core audit engagement team
- Actively participates in the group risk assessment scoping of work to be performed by component auditors. Prepares and reviews referral instructions on a timely basis that clearly set up the group auditor’s expectations and evaluates responses from component auditors
- Runs file check regularly throughout the audit, checks all points have been cleared at the end of each audit and chooses an appropriate file structure for each engagement, including group engagements
- Engages early with scheduling and the extended engagement team. Clearly communicates expectations regarding responsibilities and deadlines to all members of the engagement team.
- Communicates the project plan and any entity-related dependencies with the entity’s management team so that they are aware, at the beginning of the audit, of any repercussions (e.g., deadlines, fees) due to deviations from this plan. Reconfirms their understanding with the entity’s management team in advance of key deadlines
- Performs reviews with professional scepticism considering whether the results of testing sufficiently assess, test and objectively challenge the appropriateness and reliability of the assumptions and data used to support management’s assertions
- Compliance with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the audit firm’s quality control procedures
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in public accounting, auditing, audit management, budget, business plan, business strategy, preferably with big Audit Firms.
- Extensive knowledge of best practice reporting and International financial reporting standards. Able to ensure that the applicable accounting and auditing standards have been consistently applied and obtains appropriate evidence to support the assessment that the financial statements have been prepared in in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework
- Ability to develop one’s own knowledge and the knowledge of others as it relates to Deloitte’s tools and audit methodology and the applicable professional accounting and auditing standards through both formal learning and on-the-job training
- Ability to thoroughly review audit documentation for completeness, accuracy and adequacy while ensuring timely archiving of work papers
- International accounting qualification is required: CA, ACCA, or CPA.
- Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English).
Location: Abu Dhabi – Dubai
Job date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 01:28:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!