Job title: Audit Manager
Job description: Job type:
An Audit Manager is being sought to join and complement the current Peterborough team. The team is growing in response to an expanding and more demanding client base and this is an excellent opportunity to join this friendly, vibrant and dynamic team. The successful candidate will lead a wide range of audits. This is a varied role that will include overseeing and undertaking audits, both in the office and at client premises.
The firm advises businesses ranging from large international corporations to small family companies. In addition to commercial companies in service and manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, financial services, entrepreneurs and charities.
Our aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
We seek a passionate and enthusiastic individual with at least five years’ experience in the delivery of external audit and accounting services. You will need experience of leading, managing and completing audit engagements across a wide range of clients, both carrying out this work, overseeing and reporting on the work of others and training junior staff. A driving licence and access to transport is essential as the role involves regular travel to client premises across Cambridgeshire and surrounding areas.
OVERSEEING AND UNDERTAKING AUDIT SENIOR ASSIGNMENTS
- Managing the audit from planning to completion including leading the team, planning the fieldwork, drafting fees, leading meetings both internal and external, identifying issues, analysing data and presenting findings internally and to client, be aware of deadlines
- Lead finalisation of audit including preparation of accounts and tax computation
- Review accounts prepared by audit team
- Review company tax computations prepared by the audit and accounts team and liaise with tax specialist as necessary.
MANAGEMENT OF TEAM
- Manage, train and mentor the audit team from trainees through to seniors
- Contribute to improvement of policies and procedures
MANAGEMENT OF PRACTICE
- Work closely with partners to provide a first-class service to clients
- Leading on internal projects to develop the practice in line with our strategic growth plan
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Moore Global network to develop audit services and the client experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified with either ACCA or ACA
- At least five years’ UK accountancy practice experience
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Competent knowledge of audit and accountancy software
- Competent knowledge of FRS 102 and IFRS
- Ability to deliver accurate work to deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering a first class service to clients, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to live and work in the UK
- A driving licence and access to transport is beneficial as the majority of the audits are conducted at the client’s premises.
SALARY / BENEFITS
What we can offer you:
- A dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression
- Competitive salary depending on experience between £45,000 to £60,000
- Client referral bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Eligibility for the firm’s annual profit related bonus scheme
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover of four times salary
- 26 days annual leave in addition to statutory bank holidays
- A range of flexible working options tailored to individual’s needs
- Enhanced parental leave
- Extensive internal and on-the-job training
- Ongoing Learning and Development through one-to-one mentoring and the Moore Global platform to develop soft skills as well as technical knowledge
- Support for developing specialist knowledge within a sector or service
- Social events including Christmas party, summer party, inter office sports events, lunch-time events for charity fundraising as well as other charity events to help support the local community
Moore is a fast-growing, top 10 accounting and advisory network, with offices throughout the UK and members across the globe. In the East Midlands firm, we have offices in Corby, Northampton and Peterborough. We offer a complete solution for businesses and individuals. As well as the usual services of accounts, tax advice and audits we also offer a complete payroll service, strategic business planning, corporate finance, inheritance tax planning and much more.
Find out more about what it’s like working for us
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Moore East Midlands is committed to promoting equality and diversity. We work hard to make sure that everyone is treated fairly and that everyone’s contribution is valued. We actively encourage everyone to reach and fulfil their own potential regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or background.
We will make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment processes to accommodate individuals with disabilities or other conditions.
To find out more about the role please email Natalie Brown, Director of Resources at .
Expected salary: £45000 – 60000 per year
Job date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 08:01:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!