Job title: Business Development Manager – Commercial Solar PV
Job description: Role
Climate17 are partnered with a leading renewable energy business who specialise in the origination, development and management of commercial and residential solar systems and portfolios on behalf of large institutional investors.
They are actively looking to hire a Business Development Manager to pro-actively develop sales and win opportunities to generate new PPA deals in the Commercial and Industrial solar PV market.
- Successfully build an ongoing healthy pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Make proactive sales calls and visits to prospective clients across the UK.
- Meet or exceed sales targets as set on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop and nurture relationships with existing partners (where directed)
- Provide feedback via the reporting mechanisms as defined and when requested.
- Attend and contribute positively to sales and marketing meetings.
- Engage in all sales opportunity review processes.
- Work within and actively positively contribute to the Business Development and wider team.
- Maintain ongoing accurate records on CRM and other reporting tools as requested.
- Logging accurate details of all sales opportunities.
- Keeping opportunities up to date in respect of those details.
- Provide accurate forecasts as per tools and requests provided.
- Demonstrable track record of sales achievement in renewable energy and/or finance sectors.
- Detailed understanding of the sales process, with excellent qualification skills
- A track record of achieving targets.
- Reliable and trustworthy with high levels of personal and professional integrity
- Initiative, energy and imagination to effectively and proactively sell to sophisticated buyers.
- Ability to understand our customers’ business needs and articulate our approach.
- Appreciation of renewable energy and how it helps businesses save money and reduce carbon emissions.
- A consultative approach; ability to listen to and influence others to support objectives
- Ability to form strong, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident with IT, specifically the Microsoft Office suite and CRM systems
- Full UK driver’s license
Location: Remote/Work from home plus frequent travel
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Expected salary: £50000 – 60000 per year
Job date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 22:19:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!