Job title: Business Development Manager – Freight & Logistics
Company: Mpeople Recruitment
Job description: Business Development Manager – Logistics & Freight
We are now recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join a well established and successful organisation, at the forefront of their industry.
As a strategic Business Development Manager , your primary responsibility will be to successfully execute the sales process to generate revenue growth and profitability through initiation and development of business opportunities with new and existing customers within a designated geographic territory and in line with the strategic business goals
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive company with excellent career potential.
As a Business Development Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers that meet or exceed established quotas via prospecting, networking and referral activities within a regional market.
- Cold calling potential businesses to achieve maximum sales opportunities
- Producing price offers to clients
- Focus to achieve set monthly and annual sales targets
- Accurately record results from activities using the CRM
- Produce monthly sales reports
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organisations to understand opportunities for creating value.
- Establish relationships with strategic customers with decision making authority and / or influence.
- An in-depth understanding of the customer’s business model.
- Identify and propose logistics solutions to customers utilising products and services that translate into closed, business deals.
- Embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism, and utilise this value-based selling methodology in all sales pursuits.
- Identify opportunities for customer growth.
- Facilitate regular meetings with clients and relevant operations staff to evaluate performance and receive updates from clients on challenges and future plans.
- Undertake cross-selling and up-selling within existing customer base to further develop account potential through airfreight, sea freight, road freight, value added products and contract logistics
The ideal Business Development Manager would meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2 years b2b experience within a sales role
- Experience in the Freight Forwarding or Logistics industry
- Strong understanding of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Experience in developing sales plans, analysing profitability of prospects, and the ability to understand the competitive influences and risks associated with individual accounts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Project Management skills and experience
- Strong Commercial & financial acumen
- Effective communicator with the ability to Influence and impact people across all levels in the Organisation
- Ability to manage teams and work under pressure where needed
- Good time management techniques
- Able to use MS office, PowerPoint, Excel and other PC applications
In return our client will offer:
- Up to £50,000pa DOE
- 15% Of Annual Salary Bonus
- Car / Car Allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Other benefits: Free parking, modern offices and great opportunities for progression
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Business Development Manager role
Mpeople Recruitment Ltd are an employment agency acting on behalf of our clients.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, as much as we would like to, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within seven days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Tags: #businessdevelopment #logistics #freight #freightforwarding
Expected salary: £50000 per year
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 04:45:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!