Job title: Business Development Manager II, Compliance Risk and Diligence
Job description: Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 40 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations, and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services. Acquired by Duff & Phelps in 2018, Kroll became an integral part of truly global advisory services business and is formed of a team of over 3,500 employees serving a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies, and individuals. From 2021 our entire business will be organised under the Kroll name, For more information visit
A position has opened for a Business Development Manager on the Kroll Compliance Risk and Diligence EMEA team located in London to support the German, Austrian and Swiss (DACH) markets.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, focused and successful team bringing a suite of best-in-class services and solutions, specifically to the DACH region. This role is at a management level with scope to develop further in the rapidly evolving Business Development function in Compliance Risk and Diligence. Training, mentorship and guidance will be provided to the candidate to encourage independence within a collaborative team dynamic and, through commercial success, maximise earnings potential in the form of an incentive plan.
Working with and reporting ultimately to the EMEA Head of Sales for the CRD service line this is a key role in the Kroll Compliance EMEA team. Â This role will also serve as local support for the current Business Development Manager (working out of the London office) with responsibility for the Middle East territory.
Acquire new client relationships, support the EMEA Head of Sales with managing newly acquired clients (6-24 months) as part of regional team objectives and drive new revenue in the DACH region through the sale of Kroll Complianceâs products and solutions. This position will work within the CRD service line in EMEA to drive/lead complex, multi-year sales opportunities focusing across both Corporate and Financial services sectors. Responsible for driving $500,000+ (pro-rata) in new annual revenue in FY22 as well as managing key client relationships in the region.
- A key aspect of this role is to collaborate with the EMEA Head of Sales, other members of the Business Development and Operations teams in support of the existing, strategic accounts for the region while independently pursuing both inbound enquiries and proactive engagement with new allocated relationships.
- Primary geographical regions for business development focus will be the DACH with additional opportunities assigned on as required basis.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales targets commencing FY22.
- Contribute to the development of plans, with EMEA Head of Sales, which identify sales strategies, assess revenue potential, and outline targeted activities to maximize revenue opportunities and penetrate markets with Risk Solutions products and solutions for AML/Compliance.
- Active support of regional marketing events attended and / or organized by Kroll CRD to drive new business and maintain close working relations with key accounts.
- Where required, create and implement effective account plans that include: developing and implementing a sales strategy considering new business growth; managing all resources necessary to drive new business; forecasting revenue; developing key contacts and business relationships within prospects. Demonstrate leadership by collaboratively engaging Krollâs senior management team to lend support to business development objectives with influential individuals and high-level decision makers in the client base.
- Develop outreach strategies including cold calling to secure appointments, gather information on customer needs, position and prove out Risk Solutionsâ products to solve customer business issues; manage client expectations, overcome objections, and with EMEA Head of Sales, negotiate pricing and contracts, and close the sale.
- Develop research analysis techniques to determine customer prospects where Risk Solutions can meet specific business needs; contact prospects and determine the business needs and decision makers to penetrate new business relationships.
- Provide timely and proactive input to ongoing development of account plans to assess opportunities, threats and weaknesses.
- Clearly demonstrate an understanding of Compliance Risk and Diligence products, pricing, administrative procedures, and organization to effectively answer clientsâ questions or implement solutions in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a current understanding of competitorsâ offerings and effectively sell the advantages of Risk Solutions offerings over those offered by competitors.
- Work closely in a team environment including research colleagues and Commercial Operations to gain proficiency in presenting and proposing the whole range of Kroll Compliance solutions, while managing client expectations. Â
- Use SalesForce to manage client communication, sales pipeline, and prioritize leads to effective closing; accurate 90-day forecast updated weekly, 30days within 10%, 60days within 20%, 90days within 30%
- BS/BA or equivalent in Business or Marketing or relevant commercial experience
- Prior sales experience and demonstrable over target performance is a fundamental requirement. Prior sales experience must be demonstrated in a B2B environment, ideally in the Compliance industry or where professional services have formed the focus of the transaction.
- For this role a proficiency in the German language is preferred although a successful track record in the region is essential. The priority is however to identify the candidate with the appropriate âsales / business development mindsetâ.
- Skills required include strong written and verbal communication, a consultative / advisory approach, as well an ability to prioritise tasks through strong organizational and time management.
- Enthusiasm, passion and a commitment to mutually successful outcomes for the client and Kroll are a must.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.Â
Once you have applied, you will receive a survey from Career Spark to complete â this step is mandatory if you wish to be considered.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Share this job
City Search Reset
Match jobs with LinkedIn
Any information we receive from LinkedIn is determined by LinkedIn and your privacy settings thereon. Kroll is not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Kroll operated websites. We will process any data we receive in accordance with our .
Similar Job Openings
London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom
Get connected to Kroll
Join the Kroll Talent Community Join
We will process any data we receive in accordance with our .
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Emily Spears at +1 312-697-4615. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about status of an application.
Click regarding self-identification of individuals with disabilities or those requesting accommodation.
Job date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 22:26:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!