Job title: Business Development Manager – Learning Solutions
Job description: Company Description
Informa Connect organises major branded annual events and operates specialist digital communities that are key convening places for a particular market. We run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programs for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences, and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets.
This role is to work within Informa Connect’s learning brands across banking and investment and professional development.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally
We have a vacancy for a Business Development Manager – Learning Solutions to join our fantastic team and take on an integral role in driving and developing our growing portfolio of customised training solutions.
The focus of this role is to develop strategic relationships with corporates and government institutions alike, to align our services and solutions to the ever-evolving learning and development needs of our corporate clients and key targets.
- Ideally have a background in selling leadership solutions, or with the banking sector solutions experience
- Segment the market landscape to identify, approach and build strategic relationships with key market players
- Be a trusted advisor for Informa Connect’s key clients and grow and increase market share
- Be creative and use your experience to develop high-net-worth opportunities across the sector
- Contribute to the development of tender responses, proposal decks and marketing collateral in collaboration with our product and marketing teams
- Drive business development activities, including the upsell/integration of new products and services
- Functional activities include:
- leading client meetings to understand business challenges
- framing and presenting appropriate learning solutions
- working with our existing trainer and talent pool to develop new opportunities
- recruit new training talent in areas that support client development areas
- developing a collaborative approach with SMEs and trainers, including negotiating cost and delivery structures
- business development trips and meetings
- building compelling tender responses and business proposals to recap client needs and our learning proposition
- meet revenue targets and objectives, manage and develop your own sales pipeline and maintain / update Salesforce / CRM
- represent Informa during meetings (and any relevant events) and help drive brand growth
- stay up to date with latest learning trends and learning delivery innovation
- stay up to date with consultative sales trends and practice
- Be an outstanding colleague and team player
Success will be measured against quarterly and annual revenue and gross profit targets with a keen focus on ensuring exceptional client feedback and maintaining an excellent relationship with trainers / subject matter experts.
- Deep understanding and existing client base within the learning sector
- Minimum 3 years of sector (B2B) learning solutions sales
- Strong understanding of course design and/or Learning & Development functions
- A proven track record of developing and winning big contracts
- Experience of creating proposals, responding to RFPs and delivering pitches / client presentations
- Experience of working collaboratively with trainers and subject matter experts
- Commercially focused and minded
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office programmes, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and including Teams
- Working knowledge of salesforce.com is beneficial
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desired, but will be overlooked for the right experience
- MUST have experience in Learning Solutions
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave rising to 27 days after two years’ service
- 4 days for volunteering opportunities
- Mental Health Support
- Access and membership to inclusive internal diverse Communities
- Share-Match options – become a shareholder
- Matched pension
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
- Competitive opt in flexible benefits scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Job date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 03:07:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!