Job title: Business Development Manager, Destination Retirement
Job description: At Just we encourage a flexible and agile working environment for the majority of our opportunities. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.
Business Development Manager
We’re a specialist UK financial services group focusing on attractive segments of the UK retirement income market but guess what, we’re not your traditional financial services company and we’re not just looking for traditional financial services people. We need agile operators, who can quickly find solutions and are committed to doing the right thing for our customers.
We are passionate about our strong purpose of helping people achieve a better later life and our culture is built around our identity of being Just. We do the right thing in the right way. Collaborating and valuing differences makes us a successful team in which everyone feels included. Our culture, combined with our strong purpose, is one of our key competitive advantages and helps us to make Just an inclusive and great place to work.
In 2021 we were named as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work For and accredited as a 2-star organisation, representing outstanding levels of engagement. Alongside these we were also recognised in the following Best Companies categories: Financial Services’ 30 Best Companies to Work For, London’s 75 Best Large Companies to Work For, South East’s 100 Best Companies to Work for and Northern Ireland’s 10 Best Companies to Work For. We’re extremely proud to be recognised for the great work that we do.
Working in the Workplace business unit, Destination Retirement is a brand new and exciting proposition for employers and pension schemes. It offers individuals opportunities to get in at ground zero. The role holder will initiate and respond to Destination Retirement sales opportunities, moving them through the sales process to successful completion. Working closely as a team, you will be ensuring opportunities for the company are identified and progressed.
Within this role you will:
- Responsible for co-ordinating, creating, attending and delivering written and face to face pitches- both in person and over video-conference, as well as RfP responses. Key audiences will be HR/Reward Heads, Pension Scheme Managers/Trustees and EBCs as well as other prospective Partners.
- Responsible for proposing, developing, and executing effective lead generation/ sales campaigns, coordinating with Marketing and external suppliers including coordinating with and managing a telemarketing agency.
- Responsible for recording opportunities and ensuring effective and regular follow ups as part of prospect nurturing process.
- Responsible for obtaining and communicating market and proposition insight from prospective Business Partners, Employers and Pension Schemes and delivering this to internal business stakeholders, leading to improvements to our propositions.
- Networking effectively at industry events, seminars, conferences – both pensions/ retirement and reward focused – in support of lead generation activity and enhancing brand awareness.
- Build deep knowledge and understanding of company propositions and technologies so we can act as a subject matter expert and support all members of the Business Development Team
- Regular reporting of progress including development of the sales pipeline, campaign ROI and delivery by the telemarketing agency.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competence
- Educated to degree level or equivalent Financial Services qualification
Skills and Knowledge
- The role holder will be a driven, highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with a strong and consistent track record of achievement and delivery, achieved through a well-developed understanding of the UK financial services market across product & distribution channels.
- A track record of working with HR/Reward and Benefits Heads and/or working within FinTech environment will be advantageous.
- The role requires a working knowledge of the basics of risk management and of TCF principles.
- Leadership, influencing and networking skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A strong team player.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a drive to succeed.
- Substantial experience within the Financial Services/ Retirement Services distribution industry and demonstrable experience in client acquisition.
- A proven track record in achieving results and delivering and driving initiatives internally as a business lead or subject matter expert.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the market drivers, competitors in the marketplace and compliance/ regulatory framework impacting distributors & product providers.
What you will be rewarded with:
- A competitive Base Salary
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme based on individual and company performance against targets
- Hybrid work with 2 office days per week
- Life Insurance + Income Protection + Private Medical Insurance + several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones
- Opportunity to progress within your career
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.
Location: Northern Ireland – London
Job date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 01:14:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!