Job title: Business Development Manager – market research
Company: Michael Page
Job description: As the Business Development Manager, your role will be to sell market research subscriptions, consulting projects and event sponsorships to tech and software firms. Managing the full end-to-end sales process, from lead generation and prospecting, right through to close.
As the Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Achieving quarterly and annual sales targets for market research subscriptions, consulting projects and event sponsorship.
- Building rapport with target technology and software firms and relationships with senior managers in corporate positions.
- Identifying custom research and consulting opportunities given prospective clients challenges.
- Managing the end-to-end sales process from name development, prospecting, in person meetings, proposal writing and contracting.
- Forecasting bookings and undertaking detailed planning to achieve quarterly and annual bookings targets.
- Drafting high-quality proposals aligned with customer requirements.
- When possible, attending industry events and trade shows to network with potential new clients.
- Identifying market needs in new segments and presenting them to the company’s management team for investment in research products.
- Employ a team selling, consultative approach to accelerate the sales process.
work for an award winning company with a fantastic culture|work with ESG, Net-Zero, SmartTech, and sustainability driven companies
The successful Business Development Manager candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in a new business role using solution selling or conceptual selling techniques.
- Experience working in a small firm environment where every individual’s contribution has a tangible impact on overall company performance.
- High activity levels and an independent, proactive approach to meet both sales activity targets and sales bookings targets.
- An understanding of how to persuade people to buy information-based propositions, consulting projects and event sponsorships.
- Fit into a results focused, collaborative culture and will be comfortable working in a small sales team which follows conceptual selling methodologies.
- Personal characteristics of tenacity, drive, commercial awareness, persuasiveness, and ability to close deals.
- Excellent presentation, communication and writing skills.
- World class sense of humour.
My client is an independent research and consulting firm with a focus on innovative technologies. From their offices in Central London and New York City, they produce high quality research, deliver consulting projects and create events for senior managers, technology executives and investors involved with Net Zero & Climate Risk, Risk Management, ESG & Sustainability and EHS.
£55k-£60k basic + 50% OTE
Immediately available – really fast recruitment process
Central London office – hybrid working
Expected salary: £55000 per year
Job date: Sat, 20 May 2023 07:18:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!