Job title: Business Development Manager – Mobility Data
Job description: AppyWay is the industry-leading SaaS solution for local authorities to manage their kerbside. Our journey began as AppyParking, an app born from the frustration of finding and understanding parking on the streets of London. From those humble beginnings, we went on to build the UK’s largest set of standardized kerbside data, discovering the untapped potential beneath everyone’s feet.
Our platform is now transforming traffic regulation orders and enabling intelligent parking solutions. We’re helping digitize kerbside management, providing innovative products to local authorities while unlocking value for businesses across the UK with our Parking API and mobile apps. Our impressive client roster includes local authorities such as Milton Keynes, Harrogate, Cambridgeshire, Southwark, Cornwall, Dorset, and Haringey. Additionally, our apps and API are trusted by thousands of drivers and field service fleets.
We are proud to have the support of top investors, including Sumitomo Corporation, Hyundai Motor Company, and Aviva Ventures, West Hill Capital, and Breed Reply. To date, we have raised over £10 million in funding, allowing us to continue building something big from the ground up.
If you’re ready to join a company that is transforming the way we approach kerbside management and create a positive impact on our cities, then AppyWay is the perfect place for you. Come and make your mark on a company you can call your own!
As our Mobility Data BDM your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop a deep understanding of our data sets and deliver value propositions to customers.
- Identify, manage and secure new business opportunities for AppyWay with businesses in the UK.
- Build and maintain multiple layers of customer relationships to drive upsells and new product adoption.
- Meet and present to key stakeholders and decision makers, establishing AppyWay as a trusted partner for the customer organisation
- Demonstrate our data and present our solutions both face-to-face and over virtual sales calls.
- Seamlessly manage your own pipeline activities and opportunities, forecasting new business wins.
- Develop and own the sales cycle, including qualifying leads, pipeline management and closing.
- Represent AppyWay at industry events and conferences, developing and nurturing your wider network of partners and contacts.
- Support initiatives that improve our value propositions and marketing effectiveness.
Please Note: This role is fully remote across the UK but will require some occasional travel for industry-specific events and quarterly team meetings, for which you will be fully compensated and supported with travel arrangements.
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about decarbonisation, sustainable mobility, the problems we are solving and have an ability to use creativity and initiative in pursuit of these goals.
- You have experience selling data or mobility solutions into businesses (great if you have both!)
- You are consistently a top performer against your sales team KPI metrics.
- You have 4+ years proven experience as Business Development Manager, or similar, in a fast-paced competitive market.
- You have a natural ability to influence and think of creative solutions to overcome challenging customer expectations and objections.
- You demonstrate intuitive communication skills and confidence when presenting ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
- You are adaptable and comfortable with the ambiguity that comes with a rapidly evolving business.
- You are genuinely a good listener: you love finding out about other people and how you can help them.
- You are a team player, who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- You have a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude – not every day is easy!
What you can expect from us
Our culture at AppyWay places a huge emphasis on collaboration and teamwork in order to remove roadblocks and achieve business objectives. The Sales team sits within the wider Commercial department alongside Marketing, Programmes and Projects teams and the whole team operate autonomously together in order to move the business forward.
The successful candidate will be fully supported by the Commercial Director and wider Executive Leadership Team to onboard, develop and maximise opportunities for success in their new role. Please only apply for this role if you have the right to work in the U.K.
- 💷 Enjoy a competitive salary of up to £55,000 depending on experience
- 💷 Earn commission up to £38,000 on target earnings
🌴 25 days holiday plus all UK bank holidays and accrue additional days holiday for each year you work with us – it’s our way of saying thank you! 🙂 * 🏠 Working and living shouldn’t require a compromise but an integration. We operate an honest flexible working model so that you don’t have to sacrifice on your personal commitments
- ✈️ Want to stay a little longer at your dream destination? Have greater flexibility to ‘Work from Anywhere’ for up to 2 weeks each quarter
- 🤲 Experience true ownership! Joining AppyWay means owning part of the company through our Share Scheme. When AppyWay does well, so do you!
- 🚀 Everyone at AppyWay has a clear growth framework and we’ll support you with the appropriate learning and development plan to achieve your goals
- 💰 Save and plan for the future with our generous pension scheme based on gross salary, not statutory capped minimums
- 📈 We’ll work to protect your compensation from a rapidly changing economy by carrying out an annual Cost of Living exercise to ensure your salary stays ahead of rising prices and interest rates
- 🎉 Access hundreds of perks, discounts, weekly freebies, cashback offers and discounted gym memberships to help with the cost of living changes
- ☕ Working on site? Enjoy a coffee from our onsite barista and a cold beverage at our bar at the end of the day!
- 💻 Everyone at AppyWay has their optimum setup, we’ll let you choose your own laptop and accessories so you can work in comfort!
- 🍼 Planning for or raising a family? You can expect to benefit from our inclusive leave options, nursing rooms and a dedicated plan to ensure you are fully supported on your return
- 🎾 We may work flexibly but we’re still a social bunch! Join one of our regular social events, group trips and activities throughout the year
Our stakeholders come from all walks of life and so do we. We welcome talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as individuals, as a team and as a business. If you share in our values and enthusiasm for start-up life, you will find a home at AppyWay.
Don’t tick all the boxes but feel you would be highly successful in this role? Get in touch, we’d love to get to know you!
No agencies please.
Expected salary: £50000 – 55000 per year
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Wed, 17 May 2023 22:24:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!