Job title: Business Development Manager – Mortgage Intermediaries – Kent & Sussex
Job description: Job description
The role of the Business Development Manager (BDM), Mortgages – Intermediary Partnerships is to identify, develop, grow and manage key relationships with external intermediary partners within a specified geographic territory. The growth element of the role is particularly important to ensure the delivery of mortgage lending opportunities and operational plans are achieved.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry award winning team and continue to build on HSBC’s Mortgage Intermediaries proposition & success
The main attraction for all the team is the opportunity to contribute to the continued success of the channel as the brand, proposition and market reach continues to grow.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building deep, lasting relationships with a panel of mortgage intermediaries across a geographical territory through face to face, telephony and online interaction
- Analysing MI & data to quickly identify opportunities to developing business and increase market share at firm and regional level
- Form relationships at all levels with an intermediary firm eg Admin, Broker, Sales Manager and MD
- Support the commercial focus of our Corporate Account Team, working with networks on campaigns through the delivery of focused activities with individuals and via presentations at network events and online
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide feedback that help shape the proposition on a continuous basis.
- Ensuring consistent delivery of a superior customer experience and service level for external intermediary partnerships.
- Liaise and manage credibly across a wide variety of internal stakeholders both within the wider distribution channel as well as the Buying a Home team.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels to help deliver mortgage acquisition forecasts coupled with the ability to manage multiple relationships at all levels with external stakeholders
- Effective risk management – ensure personal adherence to relevant regulation and conduct risk management. Monitor sales/credit quality & risk KPI’s from external partner relationships. Responsible for ensuring all key controls in place over TPMI activity as advised from time to time.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Either experience working as a Business Development Manager working in relevant market/context, i.e. UK Intermediary Mortgage Market or experience working in mortgage related roles.
- Past experience working in a relevant role, i.e. Identifying and developing new business opportunities, successfully influencing others and negotiating effectively.
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service and proactively looking for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional performance and long term results
- Proven experience of working with MI and data in order to strategically develop business performance goals.
- Proven experience in presenting to small and medium sized groups.
- Experience of working independently and as a team to support overall performance for the region and channel
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills coupled with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
- Proven track record of building effective networks and creating opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- An understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
- A track record of successfully identifying and developing significant/complex business propositions, that attract and entrench customers, in a fair and ethical way
The role covers Kent and Sussex areas so ability to commute within these areas daily is essential.
HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We are proud members of the Disability Confident Scheme, and will offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please contact our Recruitment Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 2078328500
Within the workplace you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has processes in place to avoid nepotism. This means we will avoid circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
Location: South East England
Job date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 05:57:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!