Job title: National Business Development Manager
Company: The Travel Corporation
Job description: National Business Development Manager
As part of the broader TTC Touring Brands UK sales team, this role will have significant responsibilities and will actively work across the business to develop and drive the strategic objectives of the Contiki brand within market. This position will be positied as the division’s subject matter expert in regard to Contiki
Primarily, you will create and execute a strategy to deliver the designated passenger volume targets as prescribed by leadership. Your focus will be that of maintaining and influencing key brand & youth audience relationships in cultivating and growing sales growth of Contiki, as well as discovering and cultivating new and alternative distribution channels into the Direct sales and online channels. Robust commercial outcomes with prudent ROI, innovative distribution partnerships and revolutionary marketing activations and events will all form part of your day to day focus. You’re a hustler – knocking on doors and making new connections to seek out new opportunities.
Key Result Areas & Activities Performed
- In conjunction with Director of Sales you will develop sales and marketing strategies and processes that lead to achievement of brand business objectives
- Organisation & execution of Contiki-relevant events and activations, generating leads and/or bookings into Contiki direct sales, and/or database signups.
- Growth of brand awareness across key sectors – Education agencies, Universities, gap year and 18-35 relevant events/associations
- Identification of opportunities that may exist for Sales Managers to penetrate in partnership with a trade partner – to be passed onto sales managers
- Identification of; and subsequent ongoing growth of; new partnerships/distribution opportunities, including OTAs, traditional/non-traditional channels
- Maintaining a clear and organised BDM manifest and prospecting list, keeping track of all contacts made and conversations.
- Maintaining Salesforce pipeline, capturing key contact information into CRM
- Procurement of Contiki Groups through the academic sector and other affinity groups
Skills / Competencies Required
- A strong presenter and negotiator
- Self-motivated and can work autonomously when needed.
- A sales-driven mentality and positive attitude.
- Ability to influence at all levels, coupled with exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to travel including being able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Strong knowledge of, and ability to use: Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in a travel/tourism sales role or in an outbound sales role
- Exceptional commercial knowledge of the UK travel industry, and market audiences within the Youth category
- Superior knowledge of day-to-day market and sales industry developments liaising with internal and external customers regarding latest market trends and conditions
- A strong understanding of the effects of product mix sales to margin and yield strategies, retail product distribution avenues.
- Understanding of long-term sales strategies and short-term activations and how to manage sales channels
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 02:14:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!