Job title: Business Development Manager – New Energies
Job description: Introduction As a world leader in premium tubular solutions, present in over 20 countries, Client provides its customers with global innovative solutions tailored to meet the energy challenges. Building on more than 100 years of expertise, Client supplies a full range of tubular solutions – including seamless and welded tubes, connections and accessories – for the energy and industry markets.
Leveraging its extensive experience in Oil & Gas, Client is preparing for the future by offering a complete portfolio of products & solutions meeting the challenges of the energy transition, especially for hydrogen, geothermal, and carbon capture utilization and storage markets. With Client® New Energies, Client accompanies customers in their energy transition activities by providing extensive expertise and robust products and solutions, but also by helping define new industry standards with the ambition to become an integral player of the low-carbon industries.
Role description Client’s ambition is to be the supplier of choice for the CO2 transport & storage projects and hydrogen transport & storage in the region with a potential for significant growth. This role is an opportunity to build Client’s emerging Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) and hydrogen business in the Middle East region. Based in Dubai, the successful candidate will be part of Client’s New Energies team leading sales and business development of CCS and hydrogen solutions to customers across the region. Building customer demand will enable Client’s development of a growing portfolio of CCS and hydrogen projects and help our clients succeed in their decarbonization pathways. The role will manage external interface with stakeholders and customers who are most often the major energy companies or EPCs who design, build, and operate hydrogen and CCS infrastructure.
The New Energies business development manager will play a key part in identifying projects, building demand and long-term relationship with our strategic customers. This role will also have a strong link into the R&D, Technical Sales, and Commercial teams globally to ensure high quality service to projects/customers.
Main responsibilities This role covers Middle East and will require traveling within the region. The main commercial activities are:
- Own, develop, execute, and regularly review the business development activities for CCS and hydrogen in Middle East to grow our business
- Provide market and customer insights to enable us to position our offering for the highest possible success rate
- Develop intimacy with customers and grow our customer base
- Design, implement, and execute your go to market plan to grow our business in the region
- Manage any RFQ received with support of technical sales and inside sales in the region to provide timely, clear, and concise proposals and quotes to our customers
- Participate in events, fairs, conferences, meetings, and industry events to grow the market awareness of our products
- Provide input to our Supply and Operational Plan (S&OP) on a regular basis
- Provide sales projections and forecast on a regular basis
Requirements The ideal candidate must have:
- A degree in business or engineering with a desire to work in the field of Energy Transition
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a drive to build new business
- Demonstrable management skills and a proven ability for generating new opportunities
- Excellent communication skills and is exceptional at networking, securing new business opportunities, and initiating and building strategic relationships, with a good level of emotional intelligence and an ability to thrive in a fluid and dynamic environment
- A strong, collaborative mindset with confidence and integrity, who is entrepreneurial, ethical, and extremely proactive
- A solid experience in product selling within the energy industry and experience in the Energy Transition field (5+ years)
- The ability to quickly grasp complex technical solutions
- Experience in CCS and hydrogen
- Knowledge of pipelines and OCTG market
- A strong network in the Oil & Gas industry and EPCs in the region
The team You would be part of a dynamic and agile team focused on growing Client’s business in the Energy transition space and you would report to the New Energies department, with a dotted line to the Commercial Director in Dubai. This team is a growing team within Client that has high visibility from management and stakeholders.
Further details This role is based in Dubai and requires travelling within the region up to 50% of your time.
Job date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 03:01:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!