Job title: Business Development Manager – Pharmaceutical
Company: Astute Technical
Job description: Business Development Manager
Water Treatment – Pharmaceutical
Nottinghamshire- Field based around the Midlands
Competitive Salary + Vehicle + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join one of the leaders in process water solutions across the UK. Working as the Business Development Manager, you will be supporting in the development of their Pharmaceutical Water Services business, operating across the UK, selling water treatment solutions and pure water systems into the pharmaceutical sector.
Roles & Responsibilities
Working as the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for planning daily sales activities, marketing initiatives and keeping the company’s CRM system up to date with prospect clients. Duties will include…
- Ensuring sufficient sales activity, territory coverage and future prospect development to achieve individual set financial target.
- Working closely with the marketing teams, developing growth targets and appropriate activities. Tracking, monitoring and measuring marketing and promotional activities.
- Understanding customer needs, presenting solutions and creation of proposals, with the delivery of added value to the customer central to the offering;
- Maintaining good knowledge of competitor strategy and activity to identify new areas of business growth; offering insight data to support negotiation and overcome objections.
- Providing excellent service to the customer ensuring they are kept up to date with all progress.
- Provide a strong after sales support service to the customer to ensure longevity of the relationship.
- Attend trade shows and/or industry conferences to network, be a guest speaker or promote the business.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates will be based from home and will travel out to customer sites to complete business development activity. This will predominantly cover central UK but may be nationwide.
Skills & Qualifications
Candidates must have a background working within the water treatment industry, ideally with a proven track record selling technical solutions into the Pharmaceutical industry.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates should be creative, innovative and passionate in their approach to driving sales, a ‘hunter’ not a ‘farmer attitude is paramount.
Candidates should have excellent communication and negotiation skills with a creative and innovative approach to driving sales.
Due to the nature of the role, a full UK driving licence is essential.
Salary & Package
- Basic salary up to £50,000
- Company Vehicle
- Commission Scheme – Uncapped up to 20%
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme.
How to apply?
To apply for this position or to find out more information, please send your CV to Gemma Nixon at or call directly on 02392 222 964.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government’s Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Expected salary: £50000 per year
Job date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 02:59:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!