Job title: Risk Advisory | Accounting & Internal Controls | Manager – Internal Audit
Job description: Location
Risk Advisory | Accounting & Internal Controls | Manager – Internal Audit
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Risk Advisory is all about the challenge of helping our clients manage risk and uncertainty, from the boardroom to the network. The spectrum of risk is broad, and our core competencies encompass control assurance, internal audit, corporate governance consulting, risk management, regulatory consulting, and IT security services. To be a Risk Advisory professional with Deloitte & Touche Middle East means you will gain a wealth of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Diversity is not just a part of the business landscape in the region but also an integral part of Deloitte & Touche Middle East. Just as we are committed to seeing our clients excel, we are committed to providing you with the right environment to learn and grow and to tailor a career to your needs.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusive
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Manager, you will support the Middle East Risk Accounting & Internal Controls team in working on practice initiatives, and collaborating with teams to develop technical proposals including but not limited to the following:
Conduct Internal Audit work on the various departments of the company and ensure that all internal and external laws, regulations and instructions relating to the work of the company are noted and taken into consideration during the implementation of the various audits.
- Preparation of the strategic risk-based audit plan and managing a wide range of reviews to assess whether the risks to the company are limited and minimized, acceptable internal policies and procedures are followed and resources are used efficiently to achieve the objectives of company effectively.
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews workpapers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
- Lead and manage the delivery of client engagements and internal projects as per quality and risk management policies;
- Monitor and manage client engagement budgets and related commercial matters;
- Support responses to and execution of work across a range of internal audit, assurance and associated advisory projects;
- Participate, lead, manage assurance and internal audit assignments;
- Formulate practical recommendations and best practices to improve business, risk and compliance processes;
- Assist in business development by writing proposals and client presentations;
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
- Examine the documents of expenditures and revenues after completion to ensure that they are correct.
- Examine accounting records to ensure regularity, correctness and soundness of accounting guidance and compliance with international accounting policies.
- Plan and supervise the implementation of audits according to accepted professional standards.
- Prepare initial reports of the audit reports with audit notes and draft recommendations.
- Develop practical plans for the implementation of audits and confirmation of implementation in accordance with the approved time plan.
- Participate in the preparation of periodic reports of the Internal Audit activity.
- Prepare and review the audit process (audit program, working papers, supporting documents for the findings) when the audit is completed by the department under review.
- Supervise the examination of the documents and evidence of the policies and procedures of the department under review after completion to ensure that they are valid.
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance
- 10 -12 years of prior experience in internal audit, risk management
- Experience with Big 4 is preferred
- Very Good command of written and spoken English, Arabic
- Excellent communication and people skills, with a strong emphasis on team working
- Ability to operate and understand excellent project and program management disciplines including production of project plans and key quality program deliverables
- Strong administrative and numeracy skills and ability to analyze complex data with good attention to details
- Excellent knowledge in MS office applications especially in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to work within a team to deliver large engagements for clients
- Experience in planning and managing timelines across projects
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle multiple task and responsibilities in a deadline-oriented environment and flexible work hours
- Willingness to travel (required)
Job date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 03:11:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!