Job title: Business Development Manager – Recycling, Mining and Processing
Company: Smiths Detection
Job description: Job Description
The Business Development Manager will play a crucial role in driving the growth of the Global Smiths Detection business, specifically within the circular economy industry, focusing on the recycling, mining, and processing segment. This position will primarily collaborate with the sales, marketing, and product management departments globally. The main objective is to identify and execute strategic opportunities related to the recycling, mining, and processing vertical, overseeing opportunities from identification to implementation. The role will involve consultative selling to customers in these markets, with the support of regional sales teams, as well as developing training plans to motivate employees and enhance their performance. Strategic planning for future development is a key responsibility, including the development of a pipeline for new business opportunities. The Business Development Manager should possess comprehensive knowledge of the marketplace, Smiths Detection products and solutions, and the company’s competitors.
Location: The ideal candidate will be located near the company’s offices in London or Hemel Hempstead, with the possibility of working in a hybrid mode from home.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Confirming value proposition
- Build and work with Lighthouse customers – Profile key prioritised customers
- Bring business cases through the gate process
- Creating channel to market
- Customer engagement / sponsors
- Identify top strategic opportunities
- Manage given pipeline by segment and sub-segment
- Coordinate across sales, service and technology to deliver on complex deals
- Support global bids on complex strategic deals
- Manage incoming bid pipeline and assignments
- Mentor regional sales staff to grow into cross-functional solution bid contributors
- Carry out lessons learnt on wins, losses in partnership with sales
- Ensure the business achieves short/long term business plans, strategies and tactics to grow the business
- Ensure the business achieves or exceeds annual order commitments and tactics to grow the business
- Assist with major corporate initiatives on strategy and business models
- Grow existing and new customer relationships in all domains
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is desired
- Must have experience in working within the recycling and/or mining industry
- Considerable experience in B2B Sales and Marketing, and both CAPEX and OPEX sales
- Ability to measure key metrics around the business (acquisition, conversion, satisfaction rates)
- Able to participate in strategic planning, forecasting and budgeting process
- The ability and motivation to persistently pursue and achieve effective results which drive the business forward.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in detection and screening technologies for the protection of people and assets, supporting safety, security and freedom of movement in today’s world.
Job date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:21:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!