Job title: Business Development Manager – Regional Projects
Company: Nationwide Platforms
Job description: Nationwide Platforms are looking to seek a Business Development Manager – Construction & Infrastructure Projects for the Midlands area. As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the management, development, and growth of an agreed portfolio of Major Construction & Infrastructure Projects.
The role requires a strategic, commercial and a forward-thinking approach to Project Management that will deliver profitable revenue growth, both with the Main Contractor and their supply chain.
Based within the Midlands region in return you will receive: Competitive Salary with OTE of 30%, Company Car or Car Allowance, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Life Assurance, Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme, BUPA Health insurance.
- To manage, retain and grow a portfolio of Major Projects that provides NWP long term, profitable market share growth and additional strategic opportunities.
- To deliver revenue and share of wallet targets set against each project.
- Identify and research significant “Major Projects” through Market Intelligence (including ABI, customer pipelines, internal knowledge sharing). Create a pipeline of opportunities and agree delivery strategy with NWP stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a full pipeline of specific hire and training opportunities per project and oversee the conversion of these with the relevant NWP account manager. Use information to accurately forecast future revenue streams and operational support.
- To achieve the agreed Major Project Manager Key Performance Indicators including Revenue, Activity and Machines on Hire.
- Develop, in collaboration with the associated Customer and their Project Team(s), a detailed Project Mobilisation Plan that sets specific actions to address the business objectives of both NWP and their client.and, through effective use of management techniques including diarised customer meetings to review – progress on jointly agreed actions, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), customer satisfaction and revenue trends.
- Gather and present service delivery and operational KPIs to customers and ensure corrective action plans are in place to continuously improve performance.
- Implement effective account management techniques to include aligning key stakeholders from NWP with those of the Customer and Project Team. Individual roles and responsibilities to be defined and progress/adherence monitored.
- Awareness of associated customer’s debt levels and provide proactive support in achieving on time payments.
- Maintain a pipeline of all opportunities and share this with the NWP Regional Stakeholders.
- Maintain and update SalesForce, (in-line with Company Compliance) and individual Project Mobilisation Plans for each target project.
- Work with regional NWP’s teams to agree and deliver an effective sales approach and service support. These aspects must be measurable.
- Understand the impact of each commercial agreement in place or being bid, considering all aspects of NWP’s business.
- To create value adding “Managed Service” partnerships that provide market leading solutions to Strategic Clients across all aspects of the Major Projects. The agreements should always incorporate continuous improvement and be flexible to meet the ever-changing customer needs. The value added through this service must achieve improvements in hire rates, NWPs share of wallet and ultimately the mandatory use of NWP.
- Create strategic partnerships with likeminded “Safety & Sustainability” driven clients that offer companywide long-term opportunities.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the associated sector to the Major Project (as an example Warehouse and Distribution and
- Nuclear New Build) and individual customer(s). Fully understand current and future sector requirements and use this knowledge to steer NWP to develop relevant added value products and services (including Sustainability, Safety, Environment).
- Provide NWP detail of future product and service requirements based on customers corporate objectives, legislation and build type. This will used to support NWPs areas of future investment.
- To ensure each project has the appropriate contact plan with key stakeholders and influencers, prerecorded in SalesForce.
- Ensure that all existing customers are regularly visited to cement good relationships, prevent competitor gains and seek repeat business.
The ideal candidate will have/be
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in working “Strategic Account” level, with a successful track record of growth and retention.
- Consultative and strategic selling experience with a proven record of exceeding sales targets.
- Financially and commercially astute with a proven ability to develop effective proposals and strategies that win profitable business.
- Strong negotiation and communication and presentation skills.
- Results driven, responsive, passionate, and persistent.
- Confident, ambitious and willing to take initiative.
- IT literacy including: Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of CRM systems, (preferably Salesforce.com).
- Holds gravitas and builds strong, long term relationships with key decision makers that achieve jointly agreed objectives through shared actions.
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK’s largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 13,500 machines operating from a network of 32 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years’ experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges.
Job date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:09:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!