Job title: Business Development Manager -Vision Care – (West Midlands) – 12 month FTC
Job description: Business Development Manager -Vision Care – (West Midlands) – 12 month FTC
At Alcon, we are driven by the meaningful work we do to help people see brilliantly. We innovate boldly, champion progress, and act with speed as the global leader in eye care. Here, you’ll be recognized for your commitment and contributions and see your career like never before. Together, we go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of our patients and customers.
The role is a 12 month FTC to cover Maternity Leave.
We foster an inclusive culture and are looking for diverse, talented people to join Alcon. As a Business Development Manager, you will report into the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the development of sales of Alcon’s leading product portfolio in addition to marketing campaigns and investment across the West Midlands region. In this role, a typical day will include:
- To take ownership and accountability for developing customer partnership relationships with the aim of developing mutually beneficial outcomes for our customers and our brands.
- Utilising Multi-Channel digital assets as well as face to face communications with our customers to develop sustainable relationships.
- Sales Management of all customers within the defined geographical territory providing a principle point of contact for ALCON with the overall aim of developing long-term, sustainable sales.
- Detailing of new products and marketing initiatives to the account base in a targeted way.
Responsible for the negotiation of pricing within agreed company guidelines with all customers outside of the control of the National Accounts Team. * The effective management of National Account outlets within the region ensuring objectives set by the respective National Account Managers are achieved at store level.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective business plan is developed, maintained and executed for the allocation of Marketing Development fund to ensure the most effective return.
Planning and management of call plans to ensure the most effective territory management.
Feedback market intelligence to sales and marketing management.
What you’ll bring to Alcon:
- For those with a sales background we are not necessarily seeking people with expertise in Optical care, we will consider sales experience from other industries as our team already includes successful team members with varied sales backgrounds who have the ability and drive to win!
- If you are a qualified Optometrist with a strong professional network and may be seeking that move into a commercial environment where you will have discussions on a peer-to-peer level, then we would be interested in speaking with you.
- Relationships are key and having a drive to understand customer businesses and identify needs is important as well as having the ability to challenge and sell using insights.
- Having a proven record of accomplishment and a great learning agility is a must as well as being highly organized and a strong communicator.
- A motivated and driven individual who can show us that they can achieve great things and bring something extra to this high performing team.
- Agility and creativity in looking for solutions to our customer and company needs.
- Highly organised and good communication skills at all levels.
- Proven experience in developing and establishing successful key relationships and delivering excellent standards of customer service
- Good Commercial awareness/business acumen
- Holder of a current full driving license
See your impact at
Job date: Wed, 24 May 2023 02:23:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!