Job title: Business Development Senior Manager
Job description: Looking for a meaningful job? Dreaming about integrating a team of passionate people? Seeking to tackle one of the biggest environmental issues of our time? This position is made for you!
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is an innovative recycling company that has become a global leader in recycling typically hard-to-recycle waste from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts. TerraCycle partners with the world’s largest consumer brands and retailers (including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G, Mars, JDE, Carrefour…) to create new collection and recycling schemes for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. TerraCycle also works with large waste management companies, governments and consumers to develop joint innovative solutions.
TerraCycle is looking to hire a Business Development Senior Manager – Europe who will be responsible for driving the growth of TerraCycle in Europe and will manage a growing team of four Business Development Associates and one Manager. The Business Development Senior Manager will join a team of 10 and report to the Head of Business Development of TerraCycle Europe.
This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the sustainability field.
- Driving significant revenue & profit growth
- Manage and lead long and complex deal cycles with ease, independently negotiating the most ideal terms end-to-end sales process and negotiations up until signature of contract
- Work on complex and multi-country deals with support from Head of BD and Global teams
- Research and full immersion of industries and market verticals, identify key business opportunities as they fit with the broader company strategy
- Collaborate and work closely with the internal teams (mainly Operations and Pricing) to deliver the best solution for the client
- Develop and execute a strategic plan and manage a healthy pipeline to achieve/surpass individual and team sales targets and expand TerraCycle’s offers in Europe
- Develop and implement strategic outbound prospecting campaigns
- Use CRM system in a consistent manner to enable efficient client / prospect management and effective reporting
- Own world-class presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Managing a team of Business Development team members
- Manage, coach and motivate the B2C sales team to ensure strategic and sales goals are met
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs
- Define the team’s strategy and areas of focus with Head of BD
- Monitor KPIs, lead Performance Reviews and ensure growth of the team
- Contributing to the growth of the Business Development team
- Represent and promote TerraCycle at external events and workshops
- Benchmark, learn and share learning with team on: business intelligence, recycling, zero waste initiatives
- Report to Head of BD on results, progress, KPIs
- Focus on driving continuous process improvement and being creative in the approach
- 4+ years’ experience in a sales role
- Fluent in English with exceptional verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to speak French or Spanish language preferred
- Strong sales and competitive drive with outstanding and proven selling abilities
- Proven ability to execute complex projects and negotiations
- Excellent client-facing (including executive and C-level) and internal communication skills
- Ability to navigate the roller coaster that is sales – riding the highs and getting creative and solution-focused to shake things up during the lows
- Demonstrated strengths in communication, leadership, and innovation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- Highly proficient in Google Suite, PowerPoint & Excel and experience using CRM systems
- A demonstrated interest and knowledge in the recycling sector and/or sustainability would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in an appropriate field (business, management, marketing…)
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus based on sales results
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Quarterly Team Building
- On-site Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
- Casual and friendly work environment
Expected start date: ASAP
Job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All candidates must already have the eligibility to work in the UK.
Location: Perivale, West London
Job date: Thu, 18 May 2023 05:34:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!