Job title: Captain/Shift Leader – In Room Dining
Job description: Job Number 23035222
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Follow cycle time guidelines for all meals. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use. Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of assigned trolley & tray and ensure room & floor clearance done properly. Communicate with guests and other employees and ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – NA
- Titles of Direct Reports – NA
- Minimum of 2-year experience of a similar position within a five star hotel
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum lifting 20 lbs.
- Ability of verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Leadership skills
- Training and motivating skills
- Systems (Micros, Fidelio, LMS, Respack, Info time)
Education or Certification
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Open and close shift in accordance with manager’s checklist.
- Train, maintain and enforce all Marriott service standards using use records, menus and appropriate reference materials.
- Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests.
- Perform cashier duties, if required. This involves handling tickets and cash as per Marriott International Food and Beverage SOP.
- Ensure room service is fully staffed and able to handle volume of business; periodically check and assist as necessary.
- Provide floor coverage during all meal periods.
- Conduct taste panels and menu classes on a daily basis for room service.
- Complete scheduled inventories of supplies, food, and liquor to check stock and requisition necessary supplies
- Inspect storage areas for organization, use of First In First Out (FIFO), and cleanliness and rectify any deficiencies
- Follow property key policies, including checking out and returning keys to appropriate departments.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Ensure all side work is done on a daily basis.
- Manage an effective repair and maintenance program through the use of work orders, inspections, etc.
- Each associate expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Job date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 07:52:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!