Job title: Cargo Product Development Manager (EK)
Job description: Description
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cargo Product Development Manager (EK) – 230000KA
Closing date: 04 Apr 2023
Develop Sky Cargo’s Valuable product and business development strategy. Identify Key markets and design customer-specific solutions to grow market share. Initiate and develop opportunities for the business as part of a defined remit or responsibility in line with the Valuable product vertical. Manage global product sales to ensure Sky Cargo’s market and revenue position is successfully achieved and that Sky Cargo’s image as a market leader in providing the highest level of product quality is firmly established.
– GENERIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVE AREAS
– Develop and manage changes to products and solutions offered by SkyCargo to ensure the business remains a competitive partner.
– Actively assist in the development of new business-areas like multi-modal and supply-chain solutions in addition to promoting existing products to customers.
– Direct and guide managers globally in the roll out of new or enhanced products to ensure the product philosophy is appreciated and understood. This includes necessary training of out-station staff in sales methods and planning and planning and conducting sales work-shops when required.
– Work in close partnership with hub operations service delivery team to train, develop and educate on best practices and changes in operational procedures to ensure world class service standards are delivered for all special products handling at the global hub.
– Support the annual budgeting/performance monitoring process for the product development activities and new product performance to ensure that the actual product development costs are maintained within the budgeted levels.
– ACCOUNTABILITIES SPECIFIC TO PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
– Manage all new product development activities as per the agreed product development life cycle to ensure that strategically identified products are successfully developed and implemented and that cost and cycle times are with in the agreed standards.
– Manage the product implementation activities to ensure network wide product roll out is successful in terms of transition, implementation, IT system related enhancements and product support documentation updates.
– Identify and develop opportunities to increase product and solution performance through various measures (i.e. trials and market research) undertaking analysis and making recommendations which enable the business to develop revenue generating opportunities.
– Facilitate the investigations of handling exceptions of special product shipments at the hub and across the network, to establish reasons for failures and identify opportunities for improvement in colsultation with all key stakeholders.
– ACCOUNTABILITIES SPECIFIC TO PRODUCT VERTICALS
– Implement a one-stop-shop concept for a defined product specialism providing and maintaining effective and professional customer service through agreements with key operational units globally.
– Develop and generate sales opportunities, through facilitation between our key customers and the shipper/consignee stations involved.
– Manage supply chain and logistics’ global network partners related activities such as identification, evaluation, appointment and constant monitoring of performance work with various group services such as P&L, Finance, Legal, Insurance to ensure the partners are identified and managed according to the group’s business and legal standards.
Qualifications & Experience
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
– Qualification in supply chain/logistics management preferred
– 8+ years in Logistics/Cargo, Other
– Experience in the airline or cargo industry with at least 3 years of experience in a product development environment.
– Comprehensive understanding of air cargo operations and global supply chain management trends. In depth knowledge of product development methodologies and activities.
– Demonstrable ability to develop global supply chain partner networks and agents.
– Strong understanding of global air cargo product development trends and success stories.
– Sound knowledge of IATA Air Cargo Industry Regulations and Compliance.
– Leadership Role: Yes
– Safety Sensitive Role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers
Job date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 01:34:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!