We are currently seeking a friendly, efficient, and customer-focused Cashier to join our team at Virginia State University. You will be the first point of contact for our valued customers, providing outstanding service and ensuring smooth transactions. Your exceptional interpersonal skills and attention to detail will be essential in processing payments accurately and efficiently. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for delivering excellent customer experiences, we invite you to become an integral part of our team and contribute to our mission of providing top-notch service to every individual who walks through our doors.
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets, Restaurants
- Employees and their relatives are eligible for a discounted meal plan at any of our HBCU client locations while they are attending school.
- Handle customer transactions and payments.
- Maintain accurate cash and register records.
- Provide excellent customer service and assistance.
- Ensure a clean and organized checkout area.
- Handle returns and exchanges efficiently.
- Strong math and numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication abilities
- Cash handling experience
- Familiarity with POS systems
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Who We Are:
Virginia State University (VSU) is a historically Black university located in Petersburg, Virginia, USA. Founded in 1882, it has a long history of providing education and opportunities to African American students. VSU offers a diverse array of undergraduate and graduate programs, emphasizing academic excellence, research, and community engagement, and it continues to play a vital role in empowering students and contributing to the advancement of society.
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.