Job title: Category Manager (Ambient) – GMG Foods
Job description: About GMG:
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
The role holder is responsible for the overall business management of the Ambient Foods Category within GMG Foods and will ensure the development, implementation and management of brand business plans to maximize sales and profits. The job holder will work with the brand manager in developing and executing efficient brand strategies to ensure effective brand penetration and development.
- Translate brand strategies and directions from the business unit into well-defined channel category vision, objectives and strategies
- Identify clear category issues vis-à-vis sales and shoppers and develop channel plans
- Discuss, Develop and Ensure implementation of distribution, promotions, merchandising, investment and pricing strategies per channel for their category
- To Develop and Grow the Category Sales through sound channel strategies and programs ensuring the achievement of KPIs – Revenue, Gross Profit, Real Margin
- Finalize all the Business Development Agreements (BDAs) with all the key customers and ensure Quarterly review in order to achieve the set objectives
- Develops short term and long-term plans for the assigned brand and provides input to management any aspects related to brand planning and development
- Conducts regular visits to the stores to obtain information on sales and product results and any other data which may impact the business, and provides corrective actions whenever required
- Ensures implementation of brand standards across Farm Fresh such as retail operations, customer service, product specifics, visual merchandising, etc.
- Monitors and analyses sales and commercial information to enhance sales potential and determine buying strategies and requirements for the brand
- Conducts regular meetings with the sales functions to discuss and share insights, and ensures that all the sales activities are applied as per the brand’s guidelines
- Acquires market intelligence through various sources and monitors market trends and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities to enhance brand presence
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the General Manager / Category Director and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience with at least 4-5 years in similar Ambient Food category in UAE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing
Job date: Mon, 29 May 2023 00:09:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!