Job title: Engineering Design Manager – Teutates Programme
Company: Atomic Weapons Establishment
Job description: Engineering Design Manager – Teutates Programme
Location: Aldermaston, Berkshire
Package: £42,650 – £65,000 (dependent on experience)
Why work at AWE?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours (including Bank Holidays) of annual leave – plus every other Friday off work!
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site
- Relocation assistance (terms & conditions apply)
What will you be involved in?
You will be part of the TEUTATES Programme, which fulfils the UK obligations laid out in the TEUTATES Treaty, signed in 2010, between the UK and France. This treaty outlines the commitments by each nation to co-operate more closely on Hydrodynamic Trials (Nuclear Deterrent Research and Development). The TEUTATES project will deliver a one-of-a-kind international capability for underwriting nuclear explosive simulations in France and the UK.
The Programme consists of 5 projects that deliver a combination of leading-edge X-Ray technology, explosive vessels, nuclear assembly operations and complex command & control systems. You will work as part of the engineering team to deliver the full capability of this facility and see it meet it’s objective of underpinning the UK’s Continuous At Sea Deterrent (CASD).
As an Engineering Design Manager, you’ll be the focal point for supporting our existing and new high hazard facilities and operations. Partnering the Senior Engineering Manager, it will be your responsibility to ensure facility designs are suitable and appropriate by identifying and selecting solutions to meet business needs, whilst considering functional performance and licencing conditions.
What will you need to be considered?
We’d love to hear from individuals with a recognised engineering-related qualification (HNC/D/Degree) with the ability to work across functions, providing a supportive interface between the Facility, Safety Case Subject Matter Experts and Technical Authorities. We will be looking for you to have some of the following knowledge and experience:
- Either a Mechanical or Control & Instrumentation (C&I) Design
- Contributing within a multi-discipline environment and being responsible for the engineering design and guardianship of high integrity assets through the whole life cycle
- Articulating technical complexities and allocate Project/Design Engineers with design-related tasks to meet with working programmes
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
Expected salary: £42650 – 65000 per year
Job date: Fri, 19 May 2023 07:22:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!