Job title: F&B Service Expert
Job description: Job Number 23034052
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Our jobs aren’t just about putting food on the table that our guests will enjoy until they ask for their bill. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique – with food and drinks on the side. Our F&B Service Experts take the initiative and deliver a wide range of services to make sure that guests enjoy their meal. Whether setting tables, communicating with the kitchen, interacting and serving guests, or cleaning work areas and supplies, the F&B Service Expert makes transactions feel like part of the experience.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success – creating a safe workplace, following company policies and procedures, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for F&B Service Experts – to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (E.g LEARN, Guest Response) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
General Food and Beverage Services
- Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards.
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol, follow local Training & Guidance.
- Thank every guest upon departure, invites them to return, and wishes them a fond farewell.
- Retrieve and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner.
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested.
- Coordinates with the respective kitchens to ensure guests’ orders are delivered.
- Take order on notepad, up-selling, reading back the order to confirm its accuracy.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Cash/Bank Handling
- Record transaction in MICROS or similar system at time of order.
- Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies.
- Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.
- Transport bank to/from assigned workstation, following security procedures.
- Set up and organize cashier workstation with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials; and always maintain cleanliness of workstation.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
Steps of Service
- Present physical and accurate check and process payment, adhering to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures including added and received gratuity.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Answer questions on menu selections, and check with kitchen staff whenever additional clarification is necessary.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding the length of wait for food items, recook orders, and product availability.
In-Room Dining/Room Service
- Take room service orders over the phone, answering any questions regarding the menu, inputting order into appropriate system, up-selling, following method of payment policies, reading back the order to confirm its accuracy, and providing expected delivery time.
- Place and log call back for room service order within appropriate time frame to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Notify guests and management of delays in service delivery.
- Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Follow the requirements and tasks as defined in EMEA
SOP if associate handles cash. * Comply with the requirements of the Marriott
- Customer Service Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Diversity Relations
- English Language Proficiency
- Positive Demeanor
- Safety Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
- Information Retention
Higher Education, Diploma or equivalent
Related Work Experience
At least 1 year of related work experience
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Job date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 06:55:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!