Job title: General Manager – FoodStuff
Company: Careers International
Job description: Job Description :
- Managing the supply chain and distribution across the country (UAE) as well as (GCC).
- Lead and develop the local distribution workforce, as well as develop good relations with current and potential clients.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will form part of the senior team at Production Factory, and will therefore need to think strategically, financially and operationally.
- Overall, ensure a smooth flow of high-quality product imports, delivered efficiently within a set budget, across geographical multi-sites.
- Vital to business success, the packing operation functions and distribution requires constant monitoring for cost effectively, reducing waste and maximising profitability.
- Industry Experience Proffered / UAE Market Expert.
- Provide leadership and vision by assisting the board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on strategies;
- Formulate and execute company’s strategic plan;
- Establish and lead execution of operation strategy;
- Set and achieve key performance targets for: sales, delivery, cost, expenses and other measurements of operational performance;
- Identify, create, and develop new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secures new deals, contracts and long-term relationships;
- Support and lead company products sales, growth and continuous cost & quality improvements in the business;
- Manage all sales-related activities covering setting and strictly monitoring of sales targets and ensures accurate delivery of products in all sales channels;
- Ensure timely collection of company’s money from the market. Develop plan to minimize expiry products from the market;
- Minimizes sales returns/damaged goods and short expiry goods by monitoring returns, developing a depletion plan and avoiding overstocking the points of sales; Able to devise and implement plans to mitigate the risk for smooth process;
- Timely update and present competitors’ activities and provides market feed-back on new products, prices changes, new launches, etc to the top management;
- Communicate operational/sales results, activities, etc. to Executive Management and provide recommendations and plans for ongoing improvement.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are delivered in a way that is consistent with the company’s goals and financial-cost improvement plans;
- Monitor industry legislative developments, develop and implement strategic changes in order to maintain compliance and maximize business performance;
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, community organizations, regulatory bodies etc;
- Representing the organization at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations and other related activities;
- Responsible for the warehousing operations, including its personnel;
- To formulate performance measures, parameters and targets, in line with the business objectives and agreed every year on performance review, with targets set for the subsequent year.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality throughout: on current business activities, short-long term plans, proposals under scrutiny and any other activity related to the business;
- Other duties as shall be required
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in business or a related field.
- Min 15-20years work experience in. FMCG/HORECA/FoodStuff Industry
- Experience The role requires an experienced manager with a background in distribution or logistics, with a flair for innovation and ingenuity, process efficiency and new business development.
- Experience in sales and in managing people is a clear asset.
- They must be willing to be flexible, a great communicator, and able to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Self Starter with plenty of initiative to innovate, change or develop old ideas into new opportunities and enjoys a fast-paced exciting environment with a commitment to achieving results.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand market and business intelligence to make informed choices about business development;
- Strong analytical skills. Strong leadership qualities, be a team-player with excellent interpersonal skills;
Job date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 05:18:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!