Job title: Guest Operations Manager – Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Business Bay
Job description: GUEST OPERATIONS MANAGER (reporting to GM)
To a) inspirationally lead and smoothly manage our Guest Operations team (24 hours), b) achieve the highest levels of guest satisfaction by providing an efficient, brand-specific, friendly and hospitable experience and c) drive our Hilton Honors enrolments, as well as the generation of revenues.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
Lead by Example
- Come to work every day with a smile on your face
- Be a great boss and role model for others concerning brand-specific behaviours, and coach less experienced colleagues on the job
- Manage the Guest Operations budget and expenses, and flex labour costs in line with levels of demand/activity.
- Manage guest operations through times of stress, speedily resolve guest concerns and implement resolutions by using discretion and judgement
- Assisted by your Team Leaders and Supervisors, Interview, select, on-board, supervise, coach, schedule and evaluate Guest Operations team members
- Organise and provide regular Front Office training (incl. Systems) for all F&B Hosts and Supervisors
- Provide a positive work environment to guest operations team members that allows everyone to thrive and fulfil their potential
- Ensure that all guest operations TMs understand the purpose of their role and are equipped with the training and tools required to deliver great brand-specific guest experiences
- Make use of the brand specific Recognition Calendar and plan / execute respective actions on a very regular basis within the own sales team and in the whole hotel.
- Ensure regular & effective communication (e.g. Huddles) in own department (incl Night) to achieve / maintain a high level of trust & engagement
- Support the overall management of the hotel by establishing effective working relationships with all other departments, ensuring a high level of cross departmental collaboration
- Ensure all Guest Operations team members are willing to roll up their sleeves and help with F&B service or housekeeping during busy periods and as required – make sure you are willing to do the same too!
- Execute duties as assigned by the General Manager
Overall Guest Operations
- Oversee all Front Office (incl. Night), F&B Service and Housekeeping on property, working closely with cluster heads of departments, if any.
- Monitor Guest Feedback (SALT; Social Reviews) and initiate corrective actions immediately if necessary
- Be accountable for all guest operations systems and supplies inventory
- Ensure compliance with brand standards to achieve consistently high-quality guest service during all guest operations shifts.
- Ensure that all guest operations labour costs are flexed according to levels of demand / activity, and that effective cost controls are in place
- Assign and instruct Guest Service FO, F&B Service, and Housekeeping Team Leaders (all shifts) in the details of work, delegating managerial tasks to Team Leaders where appropriate
- Observe performance of Team Leaders and Supervisors, give regular one-to-one feedback to all Team Leaders and Supervisors in your team and encourage development.
- Ensure team are trained on how to enrol Hilton Honors members, and motivated to meet the enrolment target
- Ensure the front desk provides a friendly and brand-unique welcome and farewell to guests
- Oversee the implementation of processes, systems and guest service delivery on front office
- Ensure the delivery of a superior F&B service which represents the brand
- Work in conjunction with Head / Executive Chef respectively on menu planning and ensuring the team knowledge of culinary offerings is up to scratch and that they are equipped to increase sales in F&B
- Ensure that menu, bar and garden market pricing is market led, relevant and engineered to deliver optimal profit (seek prior input of Kitchen Operations, F&B teams and Commercial lead)
- Put time and energy into F&B areas that add value to the guest experience and profitability of the business.
- Ensure CleanStay is implemented throughout the hotel in compliance with brand standards and Hilton policy, and in conjunction with the Engineering, Health & Safety Manager.
- Perform spot checks on rooms and areas of the hotel on a daily basis to ensure tip top cleanliness.
- Analyse together with your HSK Team Leader SALT scores of HSK and work on continuously improving your scores (in particular room cleanliness).
- Fully cooperate with the Cluster Executive Housekeeper to ensure the best guests’ services are in place.
- Implement effective laundry processes to be followed by housekeeping team members who are responsible for laundry.
What are we looking for?
A Guest Operations Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Customer Service experience in supervisory or higher capacity
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Excellent grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in similar role
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- High level of IT proficiency
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 05:21:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!