- To develop and lead a coherent and coordinated policy and research programme that supports internal audit to grow its influence and visibility.
- To develop and lead a robust approach to evaluating internal audit activities (including non-audit services) to demonstrate the impact and value of what we do.
- To establish, promote and maintain relationships with our key stakeholders.
- To support the Head of GIA in delivering against the key priority goals for GFG Alliance.
- Contribute to the strategic development and delivery of GIA strategy.
- To produce a wide range of high-quality deliverables i.e. policies/ SOPs/ RCMs/ process flow charts/ methodology/ any other document for various audiences including high-quality, well targeted industry related reports, policy and other outputs.
- Collaborate working with a various range of line of services and departments.
- To work closely with Head of GIA and the team to ensure timely contribution.
- To ensure that GFG’s stays upto date on deliverables and appropriately benchmarked.
- To develop and lead a robust approach to evaluate GFG’s deliverables (including non-audit services).
- Update job knowledge and skills by participating in continuous professional development, e.g. training, professional/trade publications, maintaining personal networks, and membership of relevant professional organizations.
- To act as an ambassador for GFG Alliance, continuously championing the brand, vision and values.
- Effectively manage the team’s performance, setting and monitoring standards and develop a culture that role models the values of GFG’s and is results orientated;
- Ensure continuous professional development of the skills and competencies of the team;
- Manage, recruit, train, motivate, develop and line-manage staff in accordance with GFG’s policy and procedures;
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the role.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ internal audit experience in a large steel / automobile manufacturing company or with one of the Big4
- University Degree in Accountancy
- Professional Qualifications (CA, CPA, CIA, CISA)
- Considerable proven experience in leading policies for the internal audit
- Proven experience in research and evaluation management and methodology including analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of developing, delivering and evaluating respective deliverables;
- Proven experience with a successful track record of dealing with key stakeholders and various teams within the organization;
- Extensive knowledge of policies/ SOPs/ RCMs/ process flow charts/ methodology in internal audit for steel, aluminum and energy industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence successfully;
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive senior level relationships with key stakeholders;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with an eye for detail and accuracy;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Ability to chair and lead meetings
- Ability to delegate and prioritize.
- Experience of overseeing projects and ensuring they deliver on time
- Ability to inspire trust