Job title: IT Business Specialist – Airports
Job description: Primary focus of this role would be to drive initiatives in understanding the business needs and go the extra mile to think on behalf of the customer to provide potential IT solutions to the business.
The individual will be the liaison between the business and the IT development team working along with the senior manager to understand the business requirements and deliver products to the stakeholders.
1. Compile requirements working with the business owners and drive the initiatives through SDLC to build strategic and tactical IT solutions.
2. Propose IT solutions to the business through interactive requirements gathering session and screen mockups that would empower the business in their day to day operations and decision making process.
3. Compose the requirements document by defining use cases that would bring clarity to the requirements specified by the business and present the same in a format that can be shared with stakeholders.
4. Understand the business requriements and be organized/methodical to articulate the requirements using modeling tools to the development team which would ensure the requirements are complete and unambiguous.
5. Process map the business requirements using BRD’s or SRS or Change request based on the scope of the project to ensure the requirements fit the business need and meets essential quality standards
6. Manage the project implementation using agile methodology and work as the scrum master for the daily scrum meetings to deliver feature based applications to the commercial organization.
7. Develop and maintain project work schedule with activities, timelines and critical paths using project management tools to ensure on time delivery of solutions along with risks involved and the mitigation plan.
8. Co-ordinate and liaise with all the teams (product owners, infrastructure, development and vendors ) involved in the creation of the final product that is delivered to the business meets both the timeline and the functionality as identified during the requirements gathering and feasibility analysis phase.
9. Collaborate with Senior Manager IT Business Alignment in finalising the following using appropriate tools
a. Project budgets
b. Prioritize IT initiatives
10. Understand the requirements from multiple business stakeholders holistically rather than a silohed approach which would enable identify upstream and downstream impact of the change and help the team build a robust and scalable product.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- BS/BA degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters level degree in Business/Finance/Management preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as an IT Business Analyst in an airline.
- Minimum 2 years’ of project management experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ as Senior Business Analyst in an airline working with senior management handling cross functional projects.
- Ability to execute projects based on Agile Methodology.
- Experience in conflict resolution across multiple stakeholders involving senior management to achieve the objective.
- Working experience with leading tools for Business Analysis for end-to-end documentation covering software development from requirements gathering, through to the analysis stages, design models, testing and maintenance.
Knowledge / Skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Ability to build client relationships and comfortably interact with senior level management.
- Good understanding of business process re-engineering.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and PMLC.
- Good understanding of Return of Investment (ROI) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and how they are defined.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong and demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
Certificate / License required
- Training/Certification in Unified Modeling Language Professional.
- Training/Certification in PMI(PMP), Six Sigma or similar formal mythologies is preferred.
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to.
flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details
in order to process documents. flydubai will also never refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai will only come from an email
address ending in @flydubai.com and job opportunities with flydubai are advertised on
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are
expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.
Job date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 06:37:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!